Sweet! New Brakes for Miata #2

kcbhiw

What "Lifestyle"?
Contributor
:
64 Valves, 16 Cylinders, 7.2L, 622 HP
Today, I scored a set of PBR dual-pot calipers. In my quest in building up Miata #2, I think these would be a nice upgrade. As I've mentioned in a previous post, the second Miata has become a "project" car. My intentions are to learn as much as possible about custom setups, specifically for racing. I'll need to custom fab a set of brakets and research larger rotors. They're not the latest, greatest calipers, but for the cost (none, hehe), I think they're a winner. I need to rebuild them, but that's not a problem. Here's a few shots:

pbr%20bottom.jpg

pbr%20top.jpg

Last edited:
Baer uses PBR on their brake kits. You might want to check the bore sizes to make sure you don't end up with a mismatched hydraulic system - that will change your front/rear bias, pedal feel and can decrease braking capability dramatically.

Keith

Keith@FP said:
Baer uses PBR on their brake kits. You might want to check the bore sizes to make sure you don't end up with a mismatched hydraulic system - that will change your front/rear bias, pedal feel and can decrease braking capability dramatically.

Keith
Thanks for the info, Keith. I've considered such issues. I need to research several things such as the capabilities of the master cylinder and capacities of the calipers. I doubt it'll be as easy as just tossing them on the car.

Master is 0.875", front single piston is 2.01", rear is 1.25". Proportioning valves vary by year.

Keith

Keith@FP said:
Master is 0.875", front single piston is 2.01", rear is 1.25". Proportioning valves vary by year.

Keith
Cool! Thanks, Keith.

Back