re: (3/15) SNOW coming tomorrow night

Protege52003

Contributor
:
'08 Jetta; '10 Wrangler Unlimited
re: (3/15) SNOW coming tomorrow night

(for members in Massachusetts and southern nh and vt)

well, took the steel rims and snow tires off two and a half weeks ago. almost put the fronts back on last wed, but the storm stayed south of us.......looks like we are getting hit kind of hard tomorrow night into wednesday.

i put the front rims and snow tires back on becasue I will be working late tomorrow night and have to get to work early wednesday. don't want to get stuck in my driveway and want to get up my street.

looks like winter came in hard in december and is leaving hard this march......

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.........have fun driving tomorrow and wednesday.

-R

lots o snow here in CT too... hooray for dunlop SP Sport 5000s with 22k miles on them in the snow! Argh I thought i'd never have to drive in the snow with these things.
Protege52003 said:
(for members in Massachusetts and southern nh and vt)

well, took the steel rims and snow tires off two and a half weeks ago. almost put the fronts back on last wed, but the storm stayed south of us.......looks like we are getting hit kind of hard tomorrow night into wednesday.

i put the front rims and snow tires back on becasue I will be working late tomorrow night and have to get to work early wednesday. don't want to get stuck in my driveway and want to get up my street.

looks like winter came in hard in december and is leaving hard this march......

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.........have fun driving tomorrow and wednesday.

-R

I took my snow tires off on saturday too. (bang) I heard we could get up to 12 inches up here. I drove the beat up S-10 pickup today.

I swapped out to my 18's early last week when it was sunny and 60's here in good ole Southern Ohio. Now I feel kind of stupid seeing as we have at least 4-6" of snow/slush outside. I took that as an opportunity to drive my wifes MPV to work. It will melt by tomorrow and I will be back out in shorts and T by Friday... This weather is crazy.

Yeah, my Dunlops have about 19K of fast driving on them and are well worn. They are calling for 5-10 inches in central mass, maybe more? I would have been in trouble driving home from work tonight and to work tomorrow morning if I had not put my front snows back on.......

-R

I've still got my steelies on the car...oh yeah...planning ahead! :)

I'm pretty happy about the snow, though...that means I'll be able to get in another day/night of boarding! Weeeeee!

It's snowing hard right now in Stamford. Damn it, two of my "winter" (stock dunlops) had bubbles so I was hoping the snow had gone for good. I was already swimming with the dunlops in the snow, I can't imagine the horror with the Yokos

I'll be taking my mp3 up to New Milford in an hour to leave it in the shop for a week to put on the MintBlue front end, and I leave for Florida tomorrow!!! SCREW YOU SNOW! YOU CAN'T SCREW ME THIS TIME!

Took snows off Sat. Had to park car about 3 miles from my house right before the big ass mountain and have my gf pick me up. No way I was making up that hill with the roads like they are. Hopefully the roads will be clear enough by tomorrow a.m. for me to get over the mountain.

Erik H.

Glad I put the snows on. Was a slippery drive home from work. Could not get up a hill that I screw around on when snow covered. Almost like there is a layer if ice under the snow which makes it hard to get around, even with snow tires. We will see how much we get out of this........and how the commute to work in the morning us?

-R

Back