my wheel repair story

bazooka joe

No words
Contributor
:
92 & 16 Meyatas
so i'm gettin the car ready for another season of fun drivin...my konig wheel got a little banged up last year, car cut me off...i make the proper adjustment so's not to bang into her...and i nick the curb...ouch.. not real bad just a tiny chip...but i thought i'd get it taken care of. so i find a company that does wheel repair and i comence to have my local tire guy take the tire off the rim...well guess what...(rant) more damage....the goof forgot to, or couldn't find the right attachment and gouge's the wheel all the way around the face of the rim(boom06) . i speak with the manager, a good friend and say's get it fixed and i'll take care if it. i get it back next week...$200 to repair. you gotta watch everyone today!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Ouch,

How mcuh is the rim, wouldn't it be better to replace it? What place is doing the repair?

Yeah I just just got Piranas old rims, they were perfect when I got them but since a friend almost hit me I nicked a curb and scrached up the chrome on half the rim. Its going to cost $200-$400 to fit is and take about 4 weeks. I am going to b**** at the guy that almost hit me (a highschool friend) to pay for it.

Ceej said:
DAMN! 200 to fix a rim!?! That is more than a new one isn't it?
the new one is 220-225?? worst case was 200. i'm hopin it's more like the 180.

Doing the repiar yourself is not terribly difficult either. Cost me about 40 bucks in materials and I repaired one of my Enkei's without any problem. The repair is actually really easy, it's finding a matching paint that sucks.

well, got the wheel back yesterday.....the repair came out awesome! the paint job looks great....but i'm not sure it matches perfectly??? it's hard to tell because of the lighting, it's not on the car....so i'll get the rims back on next week. hopefully it's not off and it's just my old eyes(boom07) .
oh ya, cost $210 to repair...the shop that screwed up the wheel is paying for half so... it cost me 105(thumb) . let's just hope the paint looks like a match in the daylight on the car!!!
can't wait to get the car cleaned up and the new grille, engine cover and rear vallance on. also got those new leather seats coming!!!!!(dance)

TurfBurn said:
Doing the repiar yourself is not terribly difficult either. Cost me about 40 bucks in materials and I repaired one of my Enkei's without any problem. The repair is actually really easy, it's finding a matching paint that sucks.

Attachments

• repaired rim.jpg
    repaired rim.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
here's the repaired rim on the car...looks fine....i'm happy. cost me $84. (yippy)

Attachments

• re.jpg
    re.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 150
bazooka joe said:
here's the repaired rim on the car...looks fine....i'm happy. cost me $84. (yippy)
:( paints chipping off the wheel:mad: (shrug)

that sucks.... may be time to take a crack at it yourself... the hard part is finding the right paint though!!!

That, or chew out the repair company and hope they'll redo their work.. shouldn't chip!!!

a223818 said:
Mark, that sucks. Can you take it back and get them to redo it?
ya, going back monday to show them what's happening. looks like it didn't bond correctly(sad2) . i guess i should have gone ahead a bought a brand new wheel...or bet yet just left the original wheel the way it was...it was really just a small nick..oh well:'(

Back