Is winter over?

Gbourdon

Contributor
:
3.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Wondering if any of the other New Englanders have removed the steelies/snow tires from their cars yet. I think I am going to swap back this weekend. :D

Gbourdon said:
Wondering if any of the other New Englanders have removed the steelies/snow tires from their cars yet. I think I am going to swap back this weekend. :D
I'm in CT, I did mine last weekend, I'm sick of the snow tires, we got DICK for snow this year, what a joke.

Thats it then. Finally put some handling back into my ride.... wooot. I have 18K miles on it and 13K was with snow tires.

i'm having one of my rims repaired right now, but i'm going to wait until early/mid april anyways. maybe by then ome of the pot holes will be fixed! i don't have a whole lot of rubber so i need to be careful!

Gbourdon said:
Not yet dude, we always get that freak March snow storm remember?

I removed mine last weekend, nice Pirelli's that cost more than my Khumo's. A little chunky in the cold am but nice to be back on the 17's.

B Joe, where are you getting htem fixed and for how much? You had 18's from what I remember?

Ceej said:
Not yet dude, we always get that freak March snow storm remember?

Yep and it looks like its coming tomorrow. I guess I'll wait a little while longer. Probably ought to change back at the same time I put on the new spring so I only need to get 1 alignment.

a223818 said:
I removed mine last weekend, nice Pirelli's that cost more than my Khumo's. A little chunky in the cold am but nice to be back on the 17's.

B Joe, where are you getting htem fixed and for how much? You had 18's from what I remember?
rim and wheel repair in newton. ya, it's an 18" konig. because of the lead based paint it's goone cost me almost as much as a new wheel. $180-200!!!

a223818 said:
I saw your other thread. Why not just buy a new one?
ya, i was thinking the same thing??? i looked up the rim and they don't have the opal finish listed as available....so i just said fix.

I drove to work today on a sheet of ice! It is snowing like a b**** right now.

Hope this is the last of it.

Yeah it's snowing like crazy here right now. Good thing I waited. I am so freaking sick of driving on snow tires :mad:

Gbourdon said:
Yeah it's snowing like crazy here right now. Good thing I waited. I am so freaking sick of driving on snow tires :mad:
sunny in boston, 62, kinda warm! love spring!!

Yeah, took my steel rims and snow tires off two weeks ago. Was worried about the storm they were calling for yesterday....was going to put the front snows back on but the storm stayed south of us. glad it did.......this winter sucked with getting snow up here in Mass. I enjoyed last winter much better and i probably could have kept my stock tires and rims on except for those two storms we got in december......oh-well, bring on the warm weather now.

-R

Put the Potenza's back on this morning! I sure hope the snow is over, might have to call in sick if it happens to snow on a work day ;)

hey guys, have a good week, hope the snow is over too! i'm off to the islands for the next 7 dyas. talk to you on the 22nd. i'll try and bring back some cariba sun!

well, got the wheels on today, some other goodies to go on soon!!(yippy) here's a few pics of the car and my trip...boy do i miss the sunshine and my friend the cop!:)

Attachments

• spring is here!.jpg
    spring is here!.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 63
  • caribbean 022.jpg
    caribbean 022.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 63
  • caribbean 091.jpg
    caribbean 091.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 63
  • caribbean 127.jpg
    caribbean 127.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 60
Joe, thanks for sharing the pics, they're nice. Where did you get the headlight eyelids from? Also, I didn't know you lived in Boston...whereabouts? I live in the Back Bay/Fenway area.

BostonMSProtege said:
Joe, thanks for sharing the pics, they're nice. Where did you get the headlight eyelids from? Also, I didn't know you lived in Boston...whereabouts? I live in the Back Bay/Fenway area.
actually, i'm south of boston, west bridgewater. i work in watertown. got the mint blue eyelids from rishie. have you joined NEPOC yet? check out the forum index...we're getting together at rev it up in weymouth in may! talk to you later.

Back