Looking for Sway Bars

:
2k2 Pro 5
Today i lowered my p5 and i had to cut the linkage on the sway bars... right now im riding with no sway bars... looking for a decent set of sway bars that ARE adjustable and also a good set of shocks

mark told me what he had earlier for sway bars but i wasnt able to write it down

im prolly gunna go with tokico illumina adjustable shocks <-mark has them

why'd you have to cut them? what did you lower your car with? i don't think i've ever heard of anyone cutting their sway bar endlinks.

anyway, fully adjustable sway bars are made by awr. not sure if they make the front ones, but i know they do make rear sways up to 21.5mm.

the endlinks didnt match up for some reason... the springs fit fine and dont rub or any other probs... but the endlink turned out to be about 2-3 inches longer...

thats because you have to raise the whole shock up until the endlink will fit...

yeah i was trying to ask a friend if he had to do that with his car but he also switched his sway bars to adjustable ones... hrm...

wow, weird. we lowered batmang's car with the teins, (1.8" in front and 1.5 in back) and there was PLENTY of room to work with the endlinks. i don't know what to tell you. if these endlinks are 2-3" longer, i'm not sure if the awr ones would even work for you.

welll when we put the hole unit back it we started at the top and connected the top first and worked our way down

it might be cheaper to get just the endlinks now. there's no reason it shouldn't fit. when we installed the springs, we put the whole assembly into place, then lightly tightened everything up, then we put the brakes back on to the strut, then the endlinks fit right up. perhaps explaining step by step what you did might root out the problem. i'm sure you can still use the stock sways. sooo many people have installed springs on here and are still using their stock sway bars that i'm at a complete loss as to what might have happened.

my first install of springs... my friend has done it before and he was quick to suggest that i needed new linkage so i went with the flow...

wow... go tell your friend he owes you new end links. he grossly misinformed you.

just saw your last post... i think it might actually be cheaper to get the awr endlinks as opposed to the dealer and their super markup sales. go to protege5online.com to check out prices. until you get your sways back on there, don't throw your car into corners just because you are lowered.

as for struts, look at tokico hp's. do yourself a favor and ask someone on the forum who lives near you who have done this before to give you a hand. otherwise, take it to a shop.

yeah... well my friends done springs a few times before just i guess there was a prob this time... ill stick to him just doing my system...

Thanks for the advice... off to bed... just worked a 10hr shift and tomorrow i have to work 1pm - 12am so i gotta get some sleep

sounds weird that you just installed springs and now want struts. seems like such a waste of time if you are just going to get new struts and have to do it all over again.

anywho, good luck with the endlinks.

Back