Need help with door....please!!!

PR5hokie

I am trying to remove the driver's side passenger door. I am attempting to smooth out a small dent that is located next to the door handle. I have removed the screws and popped the white plastic plugs but cannot figure out how to get the remainder of the door off. It appears that the handle is somehow screwed or clipped into the door frame. I have pulled fairly hard but it doesn't seem to budge. If anyone has removed the door panel for whatever reason please help me out. I am getting extremely frustrated.

Matt

Hey man, Get a flashlight and/or feel around with your hands, there should be 2 bolts holding the door handle on. I'm not an expert on these new model Mazdas but that's how most all of them are held in. Somone on here could probably offer more info but you can try that for now.

How do you plan on fixing the dent when you get to it?

TC,
-Jason

Figured out how to pop it off. There is a spring clip located on the underside of the door handle closest to the front seat. Simply push it in and pull on the remainder of the handle.

I just wanted to see if there was a way to push it out a bit. I was successful a bit but I think it still needs some work. My final goal was to reduce the amount of work the body shop needed to do to reduce the amount of $$ I was going to spend. If they can somehow roll it out with their tools versus bonding and painting and clearcoating, I would be much happier (so would my car door in years to come...i think).

Thanks for the response though.

Matt

Back