Just a Thought....

xxmikkoxx

:
06' Fiji Blue Civic SI
(thought) hey i was wondering if any of the P5er's have gone and painted thier head light houseings at all, and if not would they be interested in haveing a headlight painting party....just a thought like i said cuz id love to paint my lights..buti dont trust my self around ovens and plastic...plastic+oven+mike= disaster (uhm)

i want to see if mp3 headlamp overlays will give me the look i want first...

They are on order so i'll have the results soon

xxmikkoxx said:
nice...if they work out then dude im so stealing ur overlays then HAHAHA
Damn... You even know where my car is... Darn... Oh well : )

lightclose%20up.jpg

I did it. It looks amazing. Here..

btw, i mentioned this to smartfood as well, I'm considering doing a P5 light swap so i'll most likely be doing this again, if anyone wants to make a day out of it..let me know.

we could def. do that. Only thing is i am really confused now. I have a p5. It obviously does not have the sidemarkers in the headlights. I am going for a somwhat smoked head lights. This overlay of yours, does it cover the whole headlight, or just the small corner piece where the the orange marker is?

hey guys, i should really post this elsewhere, hopefully ill get around to it tomorrow, but I am interested in smoking my headlights and fog lights and so I contacted the guys at www.rockblocker.com after seeing a sale on their products at rs25.com

click the link, check out his products, and here was his response to my inquiry about a group buy on these things for proteges since they dont currently offer them:

Chris,

A group buy sounds like a good idea. Here is the deal. Currently the
colored film is not offered for the Mazda cars. We do have a couple of
options that we can consider.

I have the clear headlight and fog lights kits available.

Normal Price is $59.95 for the set.

I would be willing to offer group buy numbers as follows.

1-2 $59.95 each
3-5 $50.95 each
6-10 $45.95 each
11 or more $40.95 each

Shipping would either be free to one location or $5.00 for each package.

On the color film if we can get a group buy number I can put pressure on
having them made. This made take a couple of weeks, but we can get them
done. My tentative guess on price would be a retail price of $58.95 for the
set.

Prices could possible be as follows along that retail price

3-5 $50.95 EACH
6-10 $45.95 each
11 or more $40.95 each.

The colored lights costs more to manufacturer thus the reason of higher
prices.

There could many people who are interested in just protecting the fog light
only since they are low to the ground and I am not mistaken made of glass.

For those I would be willing to offer these prices.

1-2 $19.95 each
3-5 $17.95 each
6-10 $14.95 each
11 or more $12.95 each.

Shipping would be $4.00 per light.

I probably have sent more information than you were looking for, but I
wanted to let you know that we are more than willing to offer more than one
type of group buy. That would even include the clear bra kits we carry as
well.

im not even sure if this is any different from what you guys are talking about with headlight overlays, but at any rate...discuss amongst yourselves.

Last edited:
thanks for that info..thoes are pretty neet looking...but i was accually talking about the silver thing inside the light housing and painting that black so i looks like the protege sedans...id do that though in addition to thoes as well...

yea, i thought thats what u were referring to but it looked like it was heading off topic into the rock guard direction so i figured i'd post it

somethin I tihnk would look really cool if if you opened up your p5 headlights and then had some dark tint applied to the whole chrome inside.......give you a nice black chrome look

Hey slug, I would be interested in smoked headlights and taillights from that company. Lets see if we can get more but if not I will do it with you.

Chris

Latest posts

Back