My little experience....

NeverSober

WTFPWN3D
:
06 wrx
Ok so the ones of you at the meet already know what happened but Ill go over it again. During the cruise we pulled over to let everyone catch up and I left my car running and ran in to take a piss, so I come out and we are ready to go. I try moving and my gears just grind. So everyone went ahead and smartfood and I stayed back and waited and tried again and still the samething. So then he said to try adn let the clutch out in 1st with out giving it gas. So I did and the car jsut idled. So we parked it and went and caught up with everyoen and ate and after we went back to my car and called roadside. Roadside came got the car, no problems, he drops me off. So I call them today(monday) and ask whats going on with my car.....here's where I start getting pissed off. The service rep tells me that they don't know whats going on. My car was dropped off and the keys thrown in teh mail box without a name or anything. So they come in monday and have a car sitting in the lot. Well I tell him what's wrong and he starts to tell em a price and I tell him to hold on that I hava the 12k/12months warranty on all wear items. And he tells me I dont. So after a little chat I tell him to look it up and low and behold I do! What a dick. So then he says he has to go to his rep and blah blah. So then he calls me back and he got the ok to do it and he already ordered the clutch. He said if there are no signs of abuse they will do it under warranty. I then asked him for the price if its not under warranty. $1100.........i ******* laughed at the guy and asked are you serious? He then says yes and I said if it's not udner warranty I'll be having my car towed to somewehre adn have them install an aftermarket clutch, thank you. CLICK. What a bunch of ******* assholes. I can't even believe they would charge that much. But if they don't do it under warranty, looks like I am getting the act.

Chris

hahahha they said $1100 for installation of a new clutch?

hahahah, are you a chick?

Man that sucks. Hopefully the next meet I won't get arrested on the way there and no ones car will break down.

To someone that knows jack about cars a failing clutch might sound as terrible as a melted piston, therefore allowing the dealer to charge whatever they please.

</obvious>

I've heard of $400 charge for changing clutch. I have no idea how much a new msp clutch is, but better aftermarket ones are around $300. Even with that it should be just $700. Word to the wise-let them know you know what's up, but don't piss them off too early, it's real easy for them to just make a subjective claim that your clutch was abused.

If they have the audacity to think that you're stupid enough to give them $1100 for a clutch change then I would take my car (and business) elsewhere.

I paid around $100 for an OEM Miata clutch. The MSP one isn't all that special to be all that much more.

The 1100$ charge sounds right. 400$ for the clutch, then the 3 days worth of labor it will take them to do it. ******* dealerships..

damn thoese bastards their all in a conspircay!!...and as was talked about a bit at the meet was how big of assholes the mazda dealers can be too!! them asswipes its all good chris we'll start a fund rasing thing to get u some money...and ill sell stickers LOTS and LOTS of stickers and ill sell them to honda people they love cheap stickers!!(evil)

haha mikko nice. If you read the bottom it says I am going to just get an act street clutch and go elsewhere. Trust me I have done soem research, but I would rather not replace it with a stock one anyways.

Chris

KpaBap said:
If they have the audacity to think that you're stupid enough to give them $1100 for a clutch change then I would take my car (and business) elsewhere.

I paid around $100 for an OEM Miata clutch. The MSP one isn't all that special to be all that much more.
woh three days....my dealer put in my act clutch in under 5 hours

"The 1100$ charge sounds right. 400$ for the clutch, then the 3 days worth of labor it will take them to do it. ******* dealerships.."

Spicy, was this sarcasm our true to your belief? I am not bashing or anything I just was wondering if someone took three days to install a clutch of yours.

I dont understand the warranty and clutch issue. My dealership replaced my slave cylynder and my clutch under warranty and I had 82000 km on my car. so about 40000 miles I think.

and it took the guy about 5 hours to do it.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

if they decide not to cover it and you do go with an act and need someone to install it, let me know, i may be able to help

Well good news today, my mom called them today while I was in school. I guess they took it apart today and found no sings of abuse from me. So they are covering it under warranty. They are still saying 2 days to replace the clutch which sounds to long to me.

Chris

You should've told him that the clutch went out after a few 5k rpm drops at the street races.

Haha. Yes, I had a dealership try to charge me 3 days worth of labor for installing a clutchmasters cluctch in my trans-am. Their excuse? "It's not an OEM replacement clutch so our labor policy is that we can't charge you more than 6 hours of labor, but with an aftermarket clutch it will take as long as it takes" They gave me an 1100$ bill for it. I gave them a civil suit and 450$.

well, xxMSPxx you're lucky. I hope those red thingis i gave you helped...

Good luck, keep us updated

Hey guys, well s*** went sour. Mazda voided the warranty. The dealership ****** with me for 2 weeks jus tto void it. And if things go my way the mazda is gone. I am selling it if there isnt another way around this. I have gone through to much bulls*** with mazda and Ive had it, I will never purcahse another mazda again in my life. But we will all see what happens in an hour or so. Ill let you guys know as soon as i do.

Chris

Back