BUYER'S GUIDE: SRT-4 VS MSP.

A

AustinG

FORGET THE MAZDASPEED. I'm GETTING AN DODGE SRT-4

I Love MY MP3 and plan to turbo it shortly, but when it comes to new cars, why would i want to get a MAZDASLOW when i can get a SRT-4 with 215 HP and a faster car. For about the same price, True the MP3 has great looks and the SRT-4 still looks like a Neon, but it's a faster CAR and the neon body kits look good. :p

i would bet you would end up with more issue with the neon than you would with the mazdaspeed. (just my opinion)

I'm not all that crazy about the SRT-4. But if Dodge offers they're same warranty SRT, they might have a winner on their hands. I'll wait for the final production vehicle before I draw my final conclusions. I honestly don't likethe way the SRT looks even though it is faster.

#1 it is a Dodge. #2 it is American. #3 I am still waiting to hear good things from someone who owns a Dodge or any other Chrysler product. #4 I get excellent service from my Mazda dealer, why give that up? #5.......well.......it's a Neon (HI!)...NOT! #6 Better stereo system in MSP #7 Neon's interior is boring.......I think I will stop there.

As I said before, these cars are being sold to the tuner community. The MSP will most likely be tuned way above the 200HP mark. I don't think what comes from the factory matters. It is what is given to us to start with as a base. I would rather have a proven Japanese, maintenance free sedan as my base rather than the Dodge Neon (Hi!).

Bye!

Jonny

Neon (Hi!)
(rofl)
Nicely used in the post. i laughed out loud. Good one, JOhnny

Neons are ghey pieces of @#$&!

AustinG said:
why would i want to get a MAZDASLOW when i can get a SRT-4 with 215 HP and a faster car.

Because you don't want:

your door falling off!!! after 18 mos (happened to someone i know):bs:

to blow 3 trannys by 30k (happened to someone else I know)

a body and chassis that has that "recycled beer can" feel to it

a car with a terrible resale value history (don't expect this one to be a huge exception)

Its a freaking NEON!:rolleyes:
Yeah it may come with a good warranty, but thats because they need it. The trouble is all that time you spend in the shop fixing it, OR after the warranty expires, well...good luck my friend. You'll be payin' for all those parts yourself. The MSP will be running strong years after the Neon has been sold for scrap.

Why would i want to spend the same amount of money on a car that handles worse, looks like ass, is completely unreliable, has a usable lifespan half that of the other car, AND be worth less than 100 shares of Enron after 100k mi?:confused:

There's more to a car than HP...

Re: FORGET THE MAZDASPEED. I'm GETTING AN DODGE SRT-4

AustinG said:
why would i want to get a MAZDASLOW when i can get a SRT-4 with 215 HP and a faster car.

Because you don't want:

your door falling off!!! after 18 mos (happened to someone i know):bs:

to blow 3 trannys by 30k (happened to someone else I know)

a body and chassis that has that "recycled beer can" feel to it

a car with a terrible resale value history (don't expect this one to be a huge exception)

Its a freaking NEON!:rolleyes:
Yeah it may come with a good warranty, but thats because they need it. The trouble is all that time you spend in the shop fixing it, OR after the warranty expires, well...good luck my friend. You'll be payin' for all those parts yourself. The MSP will be running strong years after the Neon has been sold for scrap.

Why would i want to spend the same amount of money on a car that handles worse, looks like ass, is completely unreliable, has a usable lifespan half that of the other car, AND be worth less than 100 shares of Enron after 100k mi?:confused:

There's more to a car than HP...

OK OK That's True It is still a neon and it is still a domestic , But Let compare this Mazdaspeed VS Subaru WRX only about a grand away from each other. Now What's the Better Car?

Deja Vu

Oh my god, didn't we have this conversation before with NorCal_MP3 about five months ago, exept I'm pretty sure his subject was "Forget my MP3.... I'm getting that new ST-4 Neon because I have no taste in cars." ... Alright, I added the last few words but it's still true in my opinion. And that was a neon vs the MP3, not the better stereo, faster, LSD equipped, now with a wide range of aftermarket stuff already set up Mazdaspeed. GIVE ME A BREAK! OK fine, go get your little ugly neon and leave the better car for someone worthy of it. :D :eek: :D :eek:

AustinG said:
OK OK That's True It is still a neon and it is still a domestic , But Let compare this Mazdaspeed VS Subaru WRX only about a grand away from each other. Now What's the Better Car?

Where'd you get your numbers from? Are you sure it's going to be that close to the WRX?

In Canada, the highest price I've heard is $28,000, which is still quite far from the $35,000 of the WRX.

Go to the Website or talk to a dealer. The Base model WRX here in the US is starting at 23,000

omg why the hell would you wanta POS NEON!!! i would rather wait and get the EVOIII, the evo will lay waste to the neon

Why not keep your 2.0 Protege 5/ES/MP3, and get a FM Protege a.k.a. BEGI Turbo kit. Form the most recent dyno numbers, they will overtake that SRT-4 pretty soon. Why not incorperate the quality of Mazda and FM/BEGI? This is where my money is going. You have better handling, better looks, and just an all around better car. The SRT-4 is the car to bamboozle, hoodwink, lead asstray, the masses who just don't know any better!

everyone has said the obvious about the SRT-4.....its A NEON.......

worst......model......ever.

the EVO VII will blow everything away but its gonna be over 30 large.

the WRX for 23 grand doesnt look as good as a mazdaspeed nor does it have all the bells and whistles the mazdaspeed does, and according to reviews, its not as fun to drive either. All the SCC ranting and raving about the WRX being fun to drive (we all know what an excellent car it is) involves sliding sideways through corners, not something I plan on doing too often....

a neon? lol..........go ahead, but 2 of em if it will make you feel better. Just remember all those ppl you think you are going to impress with your 205hp, are laughing at you when you drive by, because you bought a NEON.........

It's not a common sight to buy a WRX for MSRP in the bay area. Most dealerships mark it up about $2k. SO comparing the 2, in my book just isn't a fair comparison.

Hey, I slide through corners all the time in my MP3 :p

colin949 said:
yeah the new evo is unbelieveably fast

you think the normal evo is fast!!!?!?! check out the Evo ZeroFighter and the Evo RS450!!!!!!

both do 0-60 in under 4.0s that is Viper territory.. not the mention the evo can destroy the viper on wet pavement, snow, ice, you name it!

btw, mopar is supposedly gonna sell upgrade kits for the srt-4 for hp increments..
eg, 25hp kit, 50hp kit, etc... this type sorta thing

Back