Snow, goddamit, SNOW!

Astral

Contributor
WTF!

What kind of winter is this?

Let's see, we have two decent weekends in a row in Dec: about a foot of snow. Then we have crap/little flurries until mid-Jan, we get a poor showing of a snow storm that's all gone in a few days.

Now, today is the second time they promise "snow flurries", but chance of snow 30%. Of course, we get nothing... (all of this applies to the area where I live and work, Woostah).

So what's the forecast look like for the rest of Feb? Clear, clear, rain, some freezing rain (not as fun), chance rain, mostly clear. Extended forecast has only one day, Feb 27th as "scattered snow showers."

Scattered snow showers my ass. With the sort of luck we've been having, I'm willing to bet five bucks there'll be no snow Feb 27th (in Worcester/Marlboro/Hopkinton MA area), or maybe a flurry that leaves the roads clear. If we get any significant snow, I'll gladly meet you (within reasonable distance) and give you the five bucks.

Look at this picture. That right there, my friends, is happiness: inches of snow, right in the middle of a snow storm, max highway speed 40mph (cause it ain't plowed).

I mean.. this is New England, where's the damn snow! Do I have to move to NH/ME/VT to get enough?

Snow snow snow snow snow snow snow!!!

</RANT mode>

Last edited:
i think this is the first time ive ever heard someone ask for snow? you feeling ok? are you an avid skier or something? or just hoping to get snowed in so you dont have to go to work?

woah woah dude sno totally blow!! pleeezzz dont snow! dont even ask for it! god weve been doing so good...the little snow we have is almost gone!! this has been one of my most beloved winters!! for its lack or snow ill take sub zero temps anyday over a blizzard or even a snow shower!

we still got snow on the ground but not a whole lot, still enough to snowmobile in most places. I like snow just wish it did not fall on the road or the driveway.

Astral are you going up to newfound lake again anytime soon? I went up on the 15th going back on the 29th.

normally I hate snow as much as anyone else.....but this year I have a 2.5rs and an ATV for playing in the snow and I agree, we havent gotten any good storms since dec..

slug420 said:
normally I hate snow as much as anyone else.....but this year I have a 2.5rs and an ATV for playing in the snow and I agree, we havent gotten any good storms since dec..
word, slap me some skin brutha!

AZMSP said:
i think this is the first time ive ever heard someone ask for snow? you feeling ok? are you an avid skier or something? or just hoping to get snowed in so you dont have to go to work?
Actually, I'm hoping that it'll snow in and I'll drive to work in all that snow!

Gbourdon said:
we still got snow on the ground but not a whole lot, still enough to snowmobile in most places. I like snow just wish it did not fall on the road or the driveway.

Astral are you going up to newfound lake again anytime soon? I went up on the 15th going back on the 29th.
I'm definitely going on the 29th. I couldn't go up on the 15th because of Valentine's Day business :)

But on the 22nd, since Newfoundlake people aren't holding a race, I'm going to go to Sports Car Club of Vermont's Ice Time Trials, which they will hold on the 22nd if the weather is good (and it probably will be).

Unfortunately, I can't make the one after the 29th (and then the season is over :( ).

I agree with Astral. Other than the shoveling of the driveway snow is good! I prefer to have a snowy winter than some stupid winter with frigit temps, roads full of sand, and the only snow you see is the stuff pilled on the side of the roads.

And yeah, I ski too, so it's good for that, although not necessary.
And I like going to work in the snow - keeps most people away from the streets and most people actually don't act like dumbasses on the road. The less drivers the best it is.

Snow Snow!!

I don't really mind the snow. I snowmobile and ski. I just bought a new motorcycle though and I also want to put my Racing Harts back on. Plus I am looking forward to Autocross season.

Astal - Where in Vermont are the Ice time trials on the 22nd?

We only got snow on Valentines day.. now its like 60 outside... I hate snow but I like it when its slightly cold outside. Everything seems to move faster...

Gbourdon said:
I don't really mind the snow. I snowmobile and ski. I just bought a new motorcycle though and I also want to put my Racing Harts back on. Plus I am looking forward to Autocross season.

Astal - Where in Vermont are the Ice time trials on the 22nd?
Far! :) Mallet's Bay, I think, which is by Burlington, VT.

That's not too bad for me though. I can get to Burlington in around 2 hours. I might check it out.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! all the snow admirers!!! i totally hate it becuase its like for half the year we gotta stare at that nastly black s*** on the side of the road formally known as snow and its always wet out side, and cold, and it just looks so nasty!! its only pretty when it first snows once the cars hit it, and the sanders hit it forget its all nasty black and brown yucky! down with sno!(encourage

I don't mind the snow..seeing as I bought Bridgestone Blizzak WS 50's for my car, which by the way, work AWESOME. I highly recommend the Blizzak's for a winter tire. I looked forward to driving to Buffalo and Montreal just so I could put the tires to use. My car handles so well with the snow tires, I cannot recommend them enough!

Back