My newly covered seats

This website has changed...I used to have a www underneath my picture...now click on mctoone and then visit my homepage....then click on page 4....

It cost me $400.00 CAD...that's Canadian......what do you mean the miata looks a lil' f'd?....in one of the pictures??

They look nice, but why did you opt for vinyl instead of leather? I know the lack of maintenance is a nice feature and the newer vinyls look and feel more similar to leather, but vinyl doesn't breathe the same way leather does and those things will be scorching in the summer if it ever gets hot up in Victoria.

That looks nice! I don't think I'd be able to pull it off here in Cali because the sun would heat those suckers up and burn my ass, but props for a nice look and fit!

Big up for another Miata-P5 guy too! (drinks)

Is vinyl that much hotter than leather? I had leather seats with my 1961 MGA and they were hot hot in the summer...as hot as Victoria gets anyway....vinyl , leather. what's the dif.??

Vinyl is noticeably hotter than leather because it doesn't breathe the way leather does. Having had red vinyl seats in my 76 Fiat Spider back in high school, I will never got back to vinyl. The red leather in my Miata is much cooler, though they still heat up some if I park directly in the sun.

I have cloth in my P5 but the cloth seats in my miata were worn, faded and stained kind of...not by me. So vinyl was the cheapest and it looks good...it doesn't get that hot here in Victoria. Maybe mid 70's in the summer.

Back