NEPOC MEET: South Weymouth, MA 5/22-5/23 (RIU)

:
07 F150 HD
Event Organizer:
slug420

Date:
May 22-23 2004

Time:
Tenative:
12:00 Noon at RIU

Directions:
Directions forthcoming.

Description:
This is the first big NEPOC meet, and I really hope EVERYONE will be able to make it. In addition to the meet which will be going on all day at RIU, there are the attractions of Mazda RevItUp itself, AND we are currently in planning with other clubs to make this not only a NEPOC meet but also a meet of all New England Mazda owners clubs, including 6s rx8s rx7s miatas mx6s and everyone in between, so if everything works out this should really be an impressive gathering. Additionally, anyone interested is welcome to join NEPOC in leaving RIU on Saturday evening, and heading out towards Cape Cod where we will crash in a hotel/campground for the evening and then spend the day on Sunday cruising around the Cape.

MORE INFO:
Well, the weather was crappy, but I went out for a ride today ont he cape to scout things out for our cruise and get to planning.......

After looking around at hotels it came down to 2 places...
A Days Inn in Middleboro MA, which is half way between South Weymouth and the cape. Rates were about 80 bucks per night plus extra person fees but they would be pretty much guaranteed to have room. The other option which has presented itself, is a few little mom and pop hotels right on the cape cod canal. These places range from 70-80 bucks per night including extra person fees, have an awesome location, but space is limited.

I decided to gamble, and lets all go for the latter.

There are 2 roads that cross the canal and go out onto the cape. 28, and 6. They are only a couple miles apart, one on the north and the other on the southern edges of the cape. Route 6 runs right along the side of the canal between these two bridged. About 3/4 of the way up from the bottom bridge towards the top is a really cool parking area. It has a nice view of the canal, picnic tables, lots of parking space, clam strip joint right across the street and a view of the nearby bridge. When I saw this I immediatly knew our cruise would have to at least stop here to check it out and take some pictures, and then as I stood there thinking that I noticed some small motels right across the street from this parking area.
Here is an image of the area:
cod-map.jpg

Here is a gratuitous shot I snapped in the 5 minutes I was there :)
cod-5.jpg

Here is one motel: Bournedale Village Inn
cod-4.jpg

Here is another: Dont know the name of it
cod-2.jpg

Here is the parking area: (see bridge in background)
cod-3.jpg

Here's a neat shot from the street of P-Town
cod-1.jpg

HOTEL INFO:
The motel pictured above whose name I do not know is booked already.
The other hotel pictured above is the Bournedale Village Inn. Not pictured above but right next to the above pictured is the Herring Run Motel.

Bournedale Village Inn:
70 bucks for the night (additional extra person fees may apply)
This motel has the BEST locatoin but VERY few rooms. Ask for a "standard room" as it has 2 beds. An efficiency which is like 10 bucks more only has 1 bed.
508-888-2796

Herring Run Motel:
This motel will be around 80 bucks for the night (price may vary pending additonal persons). This motel has more rooms available (roughly 6 rooms with 2 beds each, and as many with 1 bed each). This motel has great location (about 50 feet down the road fromt he parking area) so its perfect also.
508-888-0084

PLEASE PLAN ON WHO YOU WILL BE SHARING A ROOM WITH IF YOU WILL BE SHARING A ROOM ASAP AND MAKE RESERVATIONS ASAP AS THERE IS A FISHING DERBY IN TOWN THAT WEEKEND SO ROOMS MAY GO QUICKLY!

If there is some kind of problem with getting room at either of these places (they are full) then ask them for another very close by motel that you could try. It is a really small area and if worst came to worst and a few people had to stay at a motel a mile away it would not be a big deal at all for us to meet up the following day or even for us all to still hang out together on saturday night.

Any questions/comments/concerns. Please IM me on AOL: slug420

IF YOU ARE NOT SPENDING THE NIGHT BUT WANT TO JOIN US FOR THE CRUISE:
If you want to join us for the cruise on Sunday but either cant make it on Saturday or dont want to spend the night in a hotel, here is the address to the hotel:
854 Scenic Highway
Bourne, MA

I just punched it in on mapquest and it worked fine. You are not going to the hotel but rather to the parking lot across from it. You cannot miss it and the whole spot is really easy to get to.

We will be meeting in that lot at 10AM on Sunday and departing from it at 11AM to begin the cruise.

Signup List:
CONFIRMED FINAL LIST
May 22 Meet

May 23 Cape Cod Cruise

for more info on Mazda RevItUp and to register, click here

Last edited:
While it is quite a ways off, it is important that we begin organizing this now so that things will go real smoothly when the meet comes, and more importantly, so that we have numbers of who is planning on attending this meet, and who is also planning on attending the trip to the cape so that we are able to apply for Mazda sponsorship funding (the due date for this application in Feb 22) and so we can begin to talk to RIU if possible about really having our own section set aside for our meet.

So please sign up, and understand that you are in no way promising your attendance. I will keep a preliminary list of who is interested and who is planning on attending in this post. And then in April, we can confirm who is definitely going to be going and make whatever reservations etc need ot be made for the Cape Cod cruise at that time.....

RELIMINARY SIGN-UP LIST
MAY 22 MEET
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
OrangeAppeal (Pending surgery date)
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(maybe)
xxmikkoxx(def.)
Bazooka Joe
Ehawley
tyusha
BostonMSProtege

MAY 23 CAPE COD CRUISE
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(deff)
xxmikkoxx(poss.)
tyusha

Last edited:
PRELIMINARY SIGN-UP LIST
May 22 Meet
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon

May 23 Cape Cod Cruise
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon

PRELIMINARY SIGN-UP LIST
MAY 22 MEET

slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon

MAY 23 CAPE COD CRUISE
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon

Last edited:
i'm in for both baby.

PRELIMINARY SIGN-UP LIST
MAY 22 MEET
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis

MAY 23 CAPE COD CRUISE
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis

Will go to both if i am able to but it might be hard for me to make get both days off... but i should deff be able to get sunday off to go...

PRELIMINARY SIGN-UP LIST
MAY 22 MEET
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(maybe)

MAY 23 CAPE COD CRUISE
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(deff)

doood!! im so there!(with my stock protege:'( )

PRELIMINARY SIGN-UP LIST
MAY 22 MEET
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(maybe)
xxmikkoxx(def.)

MAY 23 CAPE COD CRUISE
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(deff)
xxmikkoxx(poss.)

PRELIMINARY SIGN-UP LIST
MAY 22 MEET
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(maybe)
xxmikkoxx(def.)
Bazooka Joe

MAY 23 CAPE COD CRUISE
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(deff)
xxmikkoxx(poss.)

PRELIMINARY SIGN-UP LIST
MAY 22 MEET
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(maybe)
xxmikkoxx(def.)
Bazooka Joe
Ehawley

MAY 23 CAPE COD CRUISE
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(deff)
xxmikkoxx(poss.)

RELIMINARY SIGN-UP LIST
MAY 22 MEET
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(maybe)
xxmikkoxx(def.)
Bazooka Joe
Ehawley
tyusha

MAY 23 CAPE COD CRUISE
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(deff)
xxmikkoxx(poss.)
tyusha

RELIMINARY SIGN-UP LIST
MAY 22 MEET
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(maybe)
xxmikkoxx(def.)
Bazooka Joe
Ehawley
tyusha
BostonMSProtege

MAY 23 CAPE COD CRUISE
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(deff)
xxmikkoxx(poss.)
tyusha
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

keep em comin guys, unfortunately we wont be getting Mazda event sponsorship for this (or any of our meets) as their sponsorship required the club have insurance, which we certainly dont.........but im still REALLY lookin forward to this one. Cant wait to see how many miatas and rotaries and other mazdas turn out!

should be a big 'un:)

RELIMINARY SIGN-UP LIST
MAY 22 MEET
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(maybe)
xxmikkoxx(def.)
Bazooka Joe
Ehawley
tyusha
BostonMSProtege
Volley2six

MAY 23 CAPE COD CRUISE
slug420
xxMSPxx
Gbourdon
SpicyMcHaggis
SM4RTF00D(deff)
xxmikkoxx(poss.)
tyusha

bazooka joe said:
but we will obey all driving laws.....right gbourdon!!(thumb)

Ha ha. Most definitely. I will put myself somewhere in the middle of the pack too. I dont want to be the leader or the one in the back. Those seem like the easiest targets :D

wow this sounds great and i am really interested in coming but i will have to cheack with the date and see if my girl would like to go too. but i will try to be there.

hopefully see you guys there

Back