Just picked up a RX7

GOTZOOM?

Fast Shiftin' MoFo
:
Turbo P5
I just picked up a 86 GXL tonight. 183,000 miles, body and interior look good. It had no battery, but the guy said it would start, but when you put it in gear and let the clutch out, it doesnt move. So I figured it was just the clutch worn out. So I offer $700 and he takes it. I get it towed home, put a battery in it and it fires right up. Put it in gear, let out the clutch, and damn if I didn't drive it around the block. Nothing wrong with it. His loss.

It will be rebuilt and turbocharged very soon since the P5 has been de-turboed :)

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
congrats! Ooh, another rotorhead in the making. (laugh)

Nope, been one for nearly 15 years, just finally got around to buying another one. :D

GOTZOOM? said:
Nope, been one for nearly 15 years, just finally got around to buying another one. :D
awesome! I've been one for only 3 years and the only rotary I have owned (Rotary truck) was short lived. :(

Mazdaspeedgirl said:
awesome! I've been one for only 3 years and the only rotary I have owned (Rotary truck) was short lived. :(
ahh the REPU those things are sweet.

FC3s Boy said:
ahh the REPU those things are sweet.
I picked mine up for $200 from a junk yard in good condition (needed a bit of maintenance).

Then I sold it because we had to move 1100 miles away (we could only fit one car on the trailer pulled by the moving truck and I drove the other car).

If I could turn back time, I would have stored it at my Mom's house because 8 months after we moved out of Texas, we moved right back! :'( :'( :'(

repu_3-4.jpg

repu_3-4f.jpg

naaa...I've restored cars in the past that were much rougher. Not bad for a '74 model. I hope the guy I sold it to is treating it well. He has a collection of fcs.

True, The grills are v. hard to find, as well as the battery boxes (notorious for rusting out). For some reason the guy who repainted mine didn't put the "ROTARY POWER" decals back on the tailgate; he put an RX-2 quarter panel badge on the tailgate along with that oddly-placed thunderbird hood ornament. (shrug)

Back