Spotted A Mazdaspeed Today!!!!!!

mazdamp3_18

:
06 gti, 06 evo IX
OMG GUYS YOU ARENT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS.... i was minding my own business cruising around town in Ann Arbor and i look over and i see a orange car... i was like ... someone better not have painted their mp3 orange.. i see that it says mazdaspeed on the back .. i literally spooged myself... i pulled over and stopped the guy while he was dropping his kid and wife off at a restraunt... i talked to him for about 30 min and then he GAVE ME A RIDE!!!!! the mazdaspeed is a little lower than our mp3's too.... i am a little dissapointed in the performance ... it was lower than i expected it but its ok..... well i dont want to type a 2 page thing bc then no one will read it but if you have more specific questions ask me....

Yeah-Yeah

Wow,
This is cool. You must been having some fun. Did it feel stiffer???? And tell more about the performance. Can u hear the turbo at all like spool and can u hear the wastegate???Thats all.

Thanks Bro,
:)Zane:)

Well, for some reason I'm not suprised to hear that you saw one. Especially in Michigan which is the motor city and all. I saw quiet a few prototypes and dealer models while I lived in Mighigan. I basically lived in Farmington Hills. The coolest prototype I saw was the new T-Bird like a year before it came out. Do you remember if the Mazdaspeed had dealer plates?

What Yello-MP3 asked...lol...I have some many thoughts in my head I can't type them out...yeah who was this guy...a test driver...or one of those magazine guys...hmmm...might be a press car?

I can't believe you got a ride!....awesome...can't wait to read this thread once everyone has realized what you posted.

Did he see your Mazdamp3.com stickers??? :D

What's the scoop?

Yeah, so tell us what you guys talked about for 30 minutes? How did he get a Mazdaspeed to drop off his family at the restaurant? You check out the underside of his hood too? What's it all like? Mmm, yeah... we'll be waiting. :D

Re: What's the scoop?

Allen said:
Yeah, so tell us what you guys talked about for 30 minutes? ...(snip)...
Right. Does his wife have a sister? Is she pretty? Did you get her number?

Come on, man! Bore us! We wanna know what you know about this guy and his car! Tell...tell!!

the engine bay was very clean and the turbo fits in very well... you guys jsut be happy we dont have cab foreward design.... well he wasnt press ... he was a director for mazda.... it had California Dealer Plates.... he couldnt tell me exact specifics though but i drilled as much as i could out of him.... and the turbo is very noticeable.... you can hear it spool up from about three car lengths behind it.... and the wastegate isnt that loud..... a nice BOV and Wastegate would be bad ass.... and a little more boost.....:mad: .... he said they were shooting for 180 -190 hp but the emissions demons is cali are holding them back and he said its probably going to be in the 170 range..... but no less than 170....

it was a little less harsh of a ride compared to the mp3 but it was still stiff... and like i said it was a little lower than our cars... i think they used less stiff struts....

we talked about a lot in that half hour.... about my tranny problems.... the sway bars... he did notice the forums and he said they are familiar with them... which means Mazda NA is WATCHING us.... :p ... the acceleration is probably on par with a celica gts... or in that range... which is pretty good but i want better.... and they could have done better.. the seats are the same except some of the stiching and there is a little more blue in them.... the system is sweet ... very clean sounding and gets loud.....the sub was a lot better than ours...

and i didnt ask for any numbers of hot family members ... lol...

but i was close to kicking him in the nuts and then taking the keys and borrowing the car for and extended period of time....lol

what else do you guys want to know?

The ride is probably softer because they're using slightly larger tires. The struts are the exact same as the ones we have.

According to Mazda's website the power is listed as "SAE net". That's supposed to be measured at the output of the trans with accessories connected and running according to SAE.

mazdamp3_18 said:
...(snip)...which means Mazda NA is WATCHING us....(snip)...
[Syzygy looks nervously over his shoulder...]

I see...

[Syzygy covers head and monitor with a blanket...]

I guess the Mazdaspeed 3 is in Toronto too!

One of our members noted:

Hey everyone,

As the topic says...saw one today on the way home from work. Couldn't believe my eyes initially, but it's the real thing. 17" rims, bright orange, Mazdaspeed3 badge, the works

Spotted: Hwy 401 West around Allen Rd. Followed it till I exited at McCowan.
Date & Time: July 29 approx 8:20pm.
Licence plate: 6892 (if I recall correctly...it was 4 digits only)
Probably exited off @ Markham or around there...there is a Mazda @Morningside & 401...so that could be a probable exit too.

As it was raining today, didn't want to follow that closely, but I was behind and beside him a few times trying to get his attention, he didn't see me. He was driving pretty fast too, and took off a few times when there was a gap between traffic...seemed pretty fast to me.

Anyone noticed it too, or am I seeing things?

I still haven't seen one... but i'm gonna lug around my digi cam in my car so i can take spy shots if i ever see one!

hey ChopstickHero

You can't be serious?... i'm sure you weren't just seeing things!
:eek: How come i wasn't informed that the MS-P was out already?
I have one on order and no one from mazda calls me that it's in?
What is going on here?

Did you see who was driving the car?

How did the Orange look to you in your opinion?

Man, i'm dying waiting for this car!!! I'm soo ready to pay them and just take my car home already!

Did you see any Mazda Licence plate frame on it?..what dealership it was from?

-Limited Edition

Most likely some sort of media test drive or something. Not too many 4 digit license plates here. . .

I personally didn't see it. I quoted one of my members from the Toronto Protege Club. He saw it and he couldn't believe his eyes. I'm sure it was a media or test vehicle. I also have no doubt that the car is ready to be shipped b/c the release date of the vehicle is sometime in Sept/Oct/Nov.

what exact is a media car?...
is it for the automotive journalist to write up about?

test car?
I never knew limited production cars are avaliable for test drives. Especially when there is only expected 250 coming to Canada.

Would you or that guy who posted the spotting know whether or not the car is at Morningside Mazda or not?
I would like to take a visit to the dealer to see what my car is suppose to be like.
Shouldn't i have received a phone call about this car being in T.O?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Back