Intercooler Size

falkofire

waht size of an intercooler are the turbo guys using, I am looking around ebay to find one and I am curious as to which size I should be looking for.

I have a Isuzu NPR intercooler(the ones off the turbo diesel trucks) They are HUGE and extremely efficient with minimal pressure drop. They usually go for about 250-350 on ebay but you most likley will have to reconfigure the endtanks. Or just go for the starion intercooler they can be had on ebay with great abundance from 75-150 beans for real clean ones. There are some cool tricks on cleaning them up and getting them to bling more;)

Or just pay like 600-700 dollars for a spearco intercooler. If you plan on not going higher than 10psi the starion should do. Besides that try to stay away from most intercoolers that come factory on cars like rx-7's, saabs, and volvos. They suck ass not very efficient.

I have a Isuzu NPR intercooler
Those are really good intercooler's. Yeah, if you search on ebay for "intercooler", just look for a starion, conquest, or isuzu npr and either one of them will do fine. To make them shine better, just wet sand with fine grit sand paper and then use any kind of metal polish. But the problem with starion intercoolers is that their inlet and outlet tubes are small. I cut mine off, then got a plate welded over the holes and put in 2" inlet and outlet tubing.

Back