Wiring Harness/Dash Kit?

Are there any wiring harnesses made for Protege 5s yet for the head unit (plugs directly into factory wiring) or also a dash kit to fill up the space that the aftermarket head unit does not? If so, where can I get these items?

Hey Blazed....
I just installed my deck a while ago.....I was looking for a harness and a kit myself too............And I found it......They are made by a company called Scosche. They make harness and dashkit for Mazda 2001 and up......so it fit perfectly in our P5's.........
I got it for 40$ CAN for both.......
I just got mine in a car audio store.........Just ask around your local audio shops..........
Check out this site too
http://www.crutchfield.com/:)

Crutchfield part number: 120707903 for wiring harness
Protege 2001 - UP
142MA1537 for install kit ( dont know what this consists of, never bought it)

if you want to get them from crutchfield, just go to ur shopping cart, cut and paste these numbers there, they will come up. (and it works, i ordered a wiring harness)

if you do a product search though, they wont.
:confused:

hope that helps.

Last edited:
Crutchfield does'nt ship to Canada, but it's ok I found out that a store in my area sells a mounting kit for a Protege. For all you Canadian Protege Owners, Future Shop should have the mounting kit and Wiring Harness. The kit is called "The Best Kit (made by Scosche)".

Back