pics of the rims i bought....

just not on the car yet but will post asap. it took me 6 months o find this rim(discontinued last year). and ready for this, i found a shop that had these sitting in there warehouse, never picked up by a kid who ordered them for a FWD Mazda and to top it off he gave them to me for what he paid just to get rid of them $2400. talk about luck. anyways here they are
RACING HART C5

tell me what you think

They will look amazing. Jeremy DeHart has them on his 00 Protege. The Protege fender flares lend themselves to the rims lip. Very nice choice.

What's the offset and does that include tires? If so, which kind? Let's make sure you're getting a deal. I'll tell you what they cost them and maybe you can negotiate some more. hehe.

No matter what you got a deal, because they are discontinued so you lucked the hell out. At least they are true Harts and not Evolution type s***. Heavy though.

Make sure they fit your car without rubbing with a full load of 5 people before you spend all that money, unless you did already.

no tires, with a +44 offset. i already paid for them ut can return them at any time because he wasntsure they would fit properly. i have bolted them on but obviously can tell yet without tires. so far no rubbing.
Does anyone have 18's yet and if so what tires should i go for. i was thinking 225/40/18's....

Are they 7.5" wide? We just fit 18,7.5's on an MP3 and I would not suggest the 225 unless you roll your fenders. The +45 with a 215/35 you misses by a couple of mils. If you roll the 225/35 will be the best.

Do not run the 225/40. Get the Yok Parada or Nitto or Pirelli.

Good luck, Rishie

Sorry Bro but you messed up. There's no way that 8" will fit with that offset unless you roll the fenders. The front spacing on that is equivalent to a +39mm 18,7.5. The breaking point for fitment without rolling is probably +48 on a 7.5" width to fit a 225/35.

So basically you have 1 cm. of rolling that you'll need to do. If that's even possible. I can do all this in my head because i've test fit all the different sizes and so forth on both the Sedan and Wagon. I guarantee that this is what's going to happen. Math and Science don't lie.

I really feel for ya, because I've been here for technical support and could have consulted you before you spent all that money.

I could have gotten you the bombest Volk Racing wheels or anything for that matter in that price range. Something that wasn't so old school and way lighter, still forged.

To do a 225/35, your best fitment would be a 18,7.5 in a +48 to +50mm offset. FYI.

I really don't know what you should do, but I would not mount tires on them until you decide if you can even roll the fender that much. I still think you'll rub or end up cracking your paint as a result of that much rolling.

I had a weird feeling that something was fishy about the setup, cause I've carried Racing Hart for several years and haven't seen that fitment in a 7.5.

If you want to sell them, they will fit real good on a lot of bigger cars, like the Probe GT or Lexus, GS, LS, SC.

Good luck and please let me know if I can help in any way,

Rishie

PLEASE TAKE HEED TO MY WORDS. I don't want you to mess up your car by rubbing.

I have a P5 and want to get 17 X 7 rims with 205/40 tires. What offset do you suggest for my car? Does it even matter? I will be lowering the car with the H&R springs(1.3").
plus will this effect my camber at all?

Im getting different answers out of everyone i ask, please help.

Thanx

[ 01-23-2002: Message edited by: murda79 ]

ACTUALLY THE PROPER FITMENT is to not run a 205/40, you ideally want a 215/40 or go with the MP3 size of 205/45.

The 7" wheel with +40 will rub on a wagon with a 215/40/17 guaranteed. That's when it's not lowered too, under hard cornering. With HR's, what I got, you'd definitely rub. You got a wheel that peaks your interest, tell it to me and I'll research it for you so no mistakes are made. I have access to a ton of inventoried wheels with all the different offsets, from Rotas to Volks. My key is good priced lightweight wheels. I take all specs into consideration.

Thanks, rishie

What is your budget? That is the key, with tires nonetheless. Unless you already got them.

GREER, please respond I'm concerned for you. What are you going to do, I'm not shitting you with my measurements. You could get the Wings West widebody kit and cut your fenders. Only good solution I know of.

I found out all the info i need today at a Mazda service shop today. I'll need a +48 offset and my camber wont be effected with those springs. My first chose of rim was going to be the Enkei CDR9 but they only have that in a +40 offset. I also like the Enkei Bortex wheel, don't know the offset on that though. I'm going to get them in the spring but with all this warm weather were getting, im tempted to get them sooner. Only 2 days with snow so far this year, unheard of for Toronto.

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: murda79 ]

Murda, good job, thank you for reassuring me of my measurements.

I called on the Bortex and they are a low offset, I recall them not being a good fitment for the rear. I know they've been shown on a P5, but will rub when driven. I'll check again, but keep me posted on your decisions. I can save you some money on the rims and tires I bet.

Rishie

I'm looking at a mesh style rim..was thinking on the Konig imagine..I have ni intention of lowering my car..at least not for a long while..
I also like the ADR M-classic
I know the ADR is 7.5 42 offset i think
but the konig is 40

whats my best option?

You're gonna run into some problems, but good luck. Hopefully you'll come up with a solution and tell us what you had to do.

Back