s**** battery

enry

Administrator
Hi all,

How many AH is our stock battery, and how many AH does the sound system suck at say, 20 volume and playing fairly bass-y music?

I ask because my kenwood drained the battery while I was washing it. Fortunately I have a beefy external charger that in 30 sec gives it enough juice to start, but I have a feeling that either the kenwood sucks alot of juice, or my battery is s****. The only reason I can see is that in the past 5 months I have driven the car for 1 week, then 4 weeks of no driving.

Hey

Hey Enry,
I don't know the answers to how many AH we do have but i do know that many times after school in the parkinglot when buddies would crank the tunes with the engine off the batteries were sucked dry! I understand anything with lots-o-bass is gunna suck some power to do it.
Thats all i know.
Zane

hey enry, our batteries are in the 450-500 cca range. its enough to support a small system like the mp3 has stock. Ive done some tests on mine cause i thought i was killing the battery with the 600w amp i've got hooked up. but at volume level 22 on my pioneer the amp will only pull the battery down to about 11.5 volts when it hits with the car off. With the car running at idle it won't pull it down below 12.7-12.8 standing volts. if you dont drive it all that much like you said and the temperature changes frequently thats probably a big culprit...besides that if you play for more than say an hour at a time with-out driving the car, that will kill it. It takes about 20 mins to recharge the battery from the alternator at speeds higher than 60MPH.

Back