Some questions...

MazdaSP

:
03 Black Mica
I heard from somewhere that mazda is bringing back rx-7 in 2005? Im planning on saving up for it if this is true. I also heard Nissan R-35 is coming at that same time....

If its not true then I need 2 more questions...

How much would it cost to import a Mazdaspeed rx-7 from japan and legalize it and stuff?

just asking to plan ahead... thanx in advance:D

mazdaspeed rx-7 ? uhh...i don't think there is such a thing. and would cost u a lot more than waiting for the new rx-7.

the new r-35 is already here, well at least partially: G35x sedan...i think the coupe will come w/ awd later

yeah....look how much it is to import a skyline...it's a $100K car here, $30K car there!

get a front clip from a 99 rx-7 and make a Right hand drive swap with a set of the factory 17" from there. Try and paint it the color of the last model which was called the Spirit R and you will be truly player for less $$. See pic for ideas, try and find those seats too.

Attachments

• spiritr.jpg
    spiritr.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 482
so the new one is coming?... btw i think there is 2 versions of the mazdaspeed rx-7, i remember going to japanese website at school, it was spec-aero and something R (might have been spirit)

MazdaSP said:
nevermind its not spec-aero... that was a silvia i remembered from gt3 but anyway i found the site

http://www.mazda.co.jp/mazdaspeed/

tell me if im wrong?

They would be the A-Spec and R-Spec RX-7 (FD) from Mazdaspeed Japan. They have some sweet parts. All of which you can get imported here and put on your FD.

And, to answer the original poster, I don't think you would be able to import a Japanese RX-7. I believe part of the law says it can't be available in the States, and the RX-7 was.

As it stands, I heard they import the Skylines through Australia, as it is easier to get through customs or something.

Sdrotary2 said:
get a front clip from a 99 rx-7 and make a Right hand drive swap with a set of the factory 17" from there. Try and paint it the color of the last model which was called the Spirit R and you will be truly player for less $$. See pic for ideas, try and find those seats too.

The Spirit-R looked like it would be a sweet little package. The last production run of RX-7s in 2002 were Spirit-Rs.

And those 17" BBS wheels are mean!

conekiller said:
Does anyone know the proper name of that color? I'm getting my first gen painted sometime, and that could be a candidate...

~brian

You would be better off with the White from the NA 1.6L (only 90-93 Miatas) Miatas. It is called Crystal White and Mazda spent 31/2 years developing the color to be so white. I think that is what the Type RZ(similar to Spirit R) used as there color. My Miata has the color and it makes other cars look pearl and yellowish in comparison when i park next to it. Do not know the paint code though.

Hehe white cars aren't my thing, but thanks for the suggestion. I had no idea they spent so much time developing paint! talk about attention to detail.

~brian

just to be clear on this.... the new rx-7 is coming in 2005? noone really mentioned it wasnt...

I think the concept may be revealed in 2005. Someone posted a pic of the "concept" artwork. Let me see if I can find it...

I was recently told by somebody close with mnao that there will probably have a N/A version 13b and a (Mazdaspeed?) 13b lower comp ~300bhp turbo. all rumors but less sketchy rumors for sure. It is all based on RX-8 sales. They are doing well, in so cal we are loaded up but that is one of the few vehicles we are selling.

-Off Topic- I want them to build an RX-3 that will be the vehicle to win over every sport compact owner. 150hp "I" or 180hp "S" model 2 door 4 seat RWD 13b Renesis compact that tips the scales at ~2600lbs and costs $16,000 to $22,000. It would be so nice! probably 9.0:1 comp so a Highboost turbo kit would make ~320whp at 17psi :D It will make me forget the P5 quickly....

Back