putting in a cd player

Status
Not open for further replies.

brealmp3

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
can any give a diagram on how to take out the factory cd player, or give me a link to a diagram, much help needed. i just bought the car and i have no clue??

thanks

I'm no help on this one, but post on the Car Audio/Electronics forum and you are sure to get some takers - they may not see this where it is. ;)

Uhmm its kind of tricky, It uses 2 key like things, that you slide in on each side of the headunit and it slides out then, I used two PCI Slot Covers from my computer :p

I was going to suggest a baseball bat, a stick of chewing gum, and a pry bar
but that might be alittle messy

I'm sure there are probably a few "how to"s in the Audio area just gotta do a search,
to wire it up I know 1stMP3inNH has posted the diagram for all the wires, I do not beleve they sell a plug adaptor for the car yet
I installed a MP919 in my friends P5, had to wire it to the stock harness, getting the radio out was not to bad, although I dont know how it is on the MP3

I would PM 1stMP3inNH he can tell you EVERYTHING you will need to know, he knows the MP3's audio system better than anyone on this forum

You can use two hacksaw blades to remove the radio. Just slide one in on each side of the radio and they will depress the clips that hold it to the cage. Then pull the radio out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back