Stock Sub Blew!!

MP3skaterNC

JDM *****.
:
slotege mp3
:mad: :mad: aaahhhh! on the way home from myrtle today i was listening to one of my favorite songs, had the volume at about 20, and all of a sudden i hear a pop, and the sub starts rattling, not hitting like it is supposed to.

so you think this is covered under warranty, or am i just screwed because i have no extra money for any kind of sound system upgrades at this time cause all my money is going into the custom turbo that im aquiring parts for right now.

sub blew ????????

Hey Man, Are you sure Sub blew???
I know they have problem with rear speaker.
You need bring to Dealer let they check out first then go from there.:p :p

May or may not be covered. There's really no way to prove you didn't abuse the system, or to prove that you didn't abuse it. No real harm in taking it there and complaining though. I spent a lot of time tuning my sub, I like to listen to my music really loud (welcome to california), and I didn't want to blow anything in the process. Although as of recently, I've been trying to concentrate on honing my driving skills...which is hard when you can't hear the engine...so i haven't turned it up that loud.

MP3skaterNC said:
:mad: :mad: aaahhhh! on the way home from myrtle today i was listening to one of my favorite songs, had the volume at about 20, and all of a sudden i hear a pop, and the sub starts rattling, not hitting like it is supposed to.

so you think this is covered under warranty, or am i just screwed because i have no extra money for any kind of sound system upgrades at this time cause all my money is going into the custom turbo that im aquiring parts for right now.

Re: sub blew ????????

mazdanle said:
Hey Man, Are you sure Sub blew???
I know they have problem with rear speaker.
You need bring to Dealer let they check out first then go from there.:p :p

yea its blown i took it out and everything sounded alright, plus when you turn it on it makes little popping sounds. im going to the dealership monday after work to see if i can get a new one.

My dealer looked at my sub and said they would order a new one granted it took 3 weeks to get it in but I got a new one.

Back