i got my amp kit today!

derrick1623

'Content Monkey'
Contributor
:
'07 Mazda3, True red
i got my audiobahn 4 gauge amp kit today. now, all i gotta do is figure out where and/or how am i gonna get it from the hood to da trunk. oh yeah, and now i need to buy a amp,hehe

I'll give ya a tip to make things a little easier. If you look at the passenger's side of the firewall theres a rubber boot that sticks out from the firewall. It's the main harness exit to the engine compartment. If you run the power from the battery along the upper vacum/a/c hose routes and drop it there you can get to it from the inside of the car by removing the small right kick panel in front of the center console. I did the hole from the inside just to make sure I wasn't hitting any wires. It's real easy that way and requires minimal contorsionist moves.

thanks! i'll be attempting this later today, anything else i should look for?...i already "terminated" the power wire, so i'll have to fish it through backwards.

also, where should i mount my in-line fuse?

I mounted mine between the battery and the buldge for the strut mount, just ahead of the buldge. Used some zip ties to secure it in place. Other than that its pretty straight forward, I pulled both my seats out so I could run the rca's and powerwire down the pass side sill cover. worked extremely well, unless I turn it on or open the trunk you cant see the wires or any buldges at all. I haven't finished, or started on for that matter, the new speaker box and amp rack yet so...

i already "terminated" the power wire, so i'll have to fish it through backwards

Here is another tip. If you tie the end of the existing power wire to the new one. Make sure they won't pull apart, then just pull out the old one and the new one follows the leader.

WOOHOO!!!

I'M FINISHED FISHING WIRES THROUGH MY RIDE!, i left some slack in the remote and rca's, to hook them up when i get an amp...and i mounted the fuse to the firewall with a self-tapper...there was already a hole.hehe

Attachments

• jun06_13.jpg
    jun06_13.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 197
heres another pic of da install, i'll try and throw together a "HOW TO" on it, and get it posted.

Attachments

• jun06_17.jpg
    jun06_17.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 202
Nice job Derrick. I did exactly the same thing when I installed my amp.

I ran the power wire down the passenger side and the rca's and other wires down the driver's side. No even the slightest peep of noise.

The ground I used was right under the smaller back seat and worked fine.

Back