Might get a 92 Miata

APEXistud

:
1990 Mazda Miata
I am debating on buying a miata, but I would like to know where the hell I can get headlight like these.

Miata.gif

I know that it's not the best angle, but I've seen them before here in Cali on the streets about 6 years ago now.

Damnit Roy, I saw that there was a response and thought that someone actually replied with some useful information. Thanks for getting my hopes up.:wtf::)

I really miss my '92 Miata - it was a good car.

Check miata.net. I know one of the vendors there carried them - I can't remember if it was Performance Buyers Club or one of the others. Check there though, I'm sure thats where you'll find them.

APEXistud said:
Damnit Roy, I saw that there was a response and thought that someone actually replied with some useful information. Thanks for getting my hopes up.:wtf::)

im here to torment you daryell:D

They were brainstorm but I don't think they make them anymore. There was another for about $500 at buthemotorsports? Check out this. Lights I've heard Les makes good quality products. The light production was bad but I think he's upgraded the lights in them and they now produce a sufficient amount of light.

APEXistud said:
I am debating on buying a miata, but I would like to know where the hell I can get headlight like these.

Miata.gif

I know that it's not the best angle, but I've seen them before here in Cali on the streets about 6 years ago now.

Damn.........I would LOVE to get an old Miata....I would put a roll cage in it and make it into an SCCA Miata Spec racer in no time...........*sigh*..........

Luv2RedLine said:
They were brainstorm but I don't think they make them anymore. There was another for about $500 at buthemotorsports? Check out this. Lights I've heard Les makes good quality products. The light production was bad but I think he's upgraded the lights in them and they now produce a sufficient amount of light.

Thanks for the link guys & gals. But the headlamps in the link look a little different. The deal I was working on the 92 miata fell through, they were try to rip me off. $6900 for a 92 red miata w/hardtop, power everything, 65k miles. I'm still going to look into a miata, but for now I'll repair my pickup and sell it privately. I really wanted a white 95 Miata anyhow.

APEXistud said:
Thanks for the link guys & gals. But the headlamps in the link look a little different. The deal I was working on the 92 miata fell through, they were try to rip me off. $6900 for a 92 red miata w/hardtop, power everything, 65k miles. I'm still going to look into a miata, but for now I'll repair my pickup and sell it privately. I really wanted a white 95 Miata anyhow.

Wow. Almost seven grand is a slap in the face price. At MOST they should be asking about $5400. Dealers...:rolleyes:

When you do get a miata (you HAVE to--they are too much fun) the low profile headlights for the 1st gens look great. Have you seen them?

92 is a good year (yes power will be less but nothing wrong with a 1.6 . It revs quicker than the 1.8 if that means anything to you)

you should also be past the short nose crank.

thoese lights dont light well

Pitlab77 said:

thoese lights dont light well

I've heard that as well. The stockers are bad enough as it is. However, I must admit, the low profile headlamps (the version with two round housings in each) do look very slick. I'd love to have a set (but it takes me out of the stock class).

Pitlab77 said:
[

I have a '91 Miata (and an '03 Protege 5).

What is the "short nose crank" problem?

Thanks.

scwashdc said:
Pitlab77 said:
[

I have a '91 Miata (and an '03 Protege 5).

What is the "short nose crank" problem?

Thanks.

Have a look at http://www.miata.net/garage/crankshaft.html . Pretty good info there. My 90 #1 has 132k miles on it and no problems with the crank (just had it apart about 1000 miles ago). However my 90 #2 has only 114k miles on it now and I am now replacing the crankshaft. It all depends on the car and who worked on it in the past.

Ahhh...Kevin you beat me to it. You might be alright, just check the VIN. miata.net is definately the place to be. the 1991.5 and up are all ok. I guess mazda figured out their product wasn't up to par?
It's all a matter of your driving style and how the bolt holds up. You could be ok and you could find problems soon.
As far as the lights, the Hellas are said to put out a sufficient amount of light. When they first came out a couple years ago people bought them and then replaced them with different lights with more power.
Hows the miata coming? I see you changed your sig. to show your family's addition. Either PM me or post here. You got her running yet?

Luv2RedLine said:
Ahhh...Kevin you beat me to it. You might be alright, just check the VIN. miata.net is definately the place to be. the 1991.5 and up are all ok. I guess mazda figured out their product wasn't up to par?
It's all a matter of your driving style and how the bolt holds up. You could be ok and you could find problems soon.
As far as the lights, the Hellas are said to put out a sufficient amount of light. When they first came out a couple years ago people bought them and then replaced them with different lights with more power.
Hows the miata coming? I see you changed your sig. to show your family's addition. Either PM me or post here. You got her running yet?

Haven't got it running yet. However, the engine degreased and in parts and ready for the the new crank, I just need to find the time (holidays have stolen what little I have). I got the oil pan off last night and everything looks good inside. I have all the parts needed for the repair with the exception of a few odds and ends. I've been taking pics throughout the process and will post them when it seems as though I've made sufficient progress, lol. I'd like to get out and work on the car itself, but it's been so damn cold.....I can't wait for spring.

Back