I can't wait

Vulcanon

:
Laser Blue MP3-T #1242
2006 Generation 4 RX7 -

"The next-generation RX-7 will be a 2-seat coupe riding on a shortened wheelbase of the RX-8 platform. There will likely be two renditions of the car: a base model powered by the RX-8's Renesis rotary producing 250hp; and a Mazdaspeed edition powered by a turbocharged rotary producing up to 300hp.

Much of the car's basic foundation, including its RX-8 derived suspension, has already been determined. Like the previous RX-7 (and unlike the RX-8), the next car will be a pure sports car, with a low, wide stance, flowing profile, and a lightweight body. However, the next RX-7 will be priced aggressively---we are hearing estimates of $30,000 to $35,000. Depending on the success of the RX-8, the RX-7 may bow as early as fall 2005." - Road & Track Sept. '03

I hadn't heard that!! But then, I have been offline and away from my fellow rotorheads for about 7 months.

Does anyone have a copy of that issue they want to get rid of??

Vulcanon said:
this a repost? old news? thought someone might be interested...

i think the prob is there are no pics

all i read was "2006 Generation 4 RX7" then i got all ADD and went on to the next post, lol

sounds awesome though:p

hmm...shortened wheelbase. that seems weird to me because the rx-8 looks short enough.

Vulcanon said:

thanks!! heres the pic:

05292003-rx7.jpg

Where the hell are the popup headlights? :(

I can't wait to see it. I doubt it will be as god as the 3rd gen though...they're so classic. But, if mazda can top that, and make it reliable..WOW. This could be a revival for mazda. They haven't had any sports cars since 95 with the last rx-7. (RX-8 isn't quite a sports car, more like a sporty car.)

~brian

conekiller said:
I doubt it will be as god as the 3rd gen though...they're so classic.
Agreed. The fd 7 and the nb miata will always be beautiful. They are timeless designs.
They haven't had any sports cars since 95 with the last rx-7.
True, if you are only speaking of the US market. The fd lived on thru '01, I think (help me out here fellow rotorheads!).

Viva la Mazda!!

Turbo Matty P said:
FD ended in 99 in japan as far as I know.

I though the Type RZ was produced in 2000 with only 175 being made. Then there is the Spirit R being produced in 2002 with 1500 being made. Last but note least is the Type R Barthrust R with only 500 being made. As far as regular models I am still :confused: in terms of Mazda ending production.

Back