Just got the 7 back from Gotham Racing for rebuild

Pkay

Holy ****.

7 had a faulty second turbo (seals were trashed), most of the wiring underneath was coroded, all in all weak compression, oil pan leakage, etc etc

basicly at 90.000 miles it was time for a rebuild.

Due to our previous mods it was recommended after the rebuild that we use a 7Psi turbo line "pill" until we get a power FC. With that said the new engine rebuild is at least 15-20 hp more than the previous engine was at 12psi. It was a brand new car when we picked it up.

I'd highly recommend Gotham for just about anything. Great guys and great communication.

My FB is going in for a Street Port tomorrow!!! New year, new motor.. hehe...

Dan

Pkay said:
Holy ****.

I'd highly recommend Gotham for just about anything. Great guys and great communication.

Hey! I didn't know anyone on here knew of those guys....

I saw your car up there last week chica... Very very clean.. :)

Steve and those guys do great work! If you're in this half of the country, be sure to check 'em out!

:D

i've heard nothing but great reveiws about Gotham. i'd love a ride is GoodfellaFD's car sometime since he's got those upgraded twins in there.

i liked reading his fathers kill stories with his car when he was off at war

My friend just got his fd back from Clean and Fast, after a rebuild and streetport. That thing is a beast.

twiztedjeckel said:
i've heard nothing but great reveiws about Gotham. i'd love a ride is GoodfellaFD's car sometime since he's got those upgraded twins in there.

i liked reading his fathers kill stories with his car when he was off at war

we'll just say it fun ;) That car is a beast... and i's not the only one running around that place thats beastly!

mmm.. toys...

Nice! I've only heard good things about gotham as well. Have fun with it :) My 12a is getting rebuilt sometime soon, and then it's time for a little boost :)

~brian

Oh, and sorry to threadjack, but Dan: Are you rebuilding the engine yourself or sending it to somewhere? I hear Brett does great work at Rotary Performance in Manassas.

~brian

That's where the car is right now! I've been dealing with Brett for a couple years now. I wouldn't trust anybody else with my car.

Dan

SA22C refers to a 79 or 80 RX-7.

SA- RX-7
2- 2 door
2- 12a engine
c- Coupe

Mine's an 85:

JM3FB331XF.......... I'll keep the rest to myself

JM- Mazda
3- North american coupe
FB- RX-7
33- Body style code
1- 12a engine
x- Check code
f- year (85)

So, as you can see, my car is an FB, not an SA22C....

Dan

Last edited:
Hehe i was just about to post that, Dan. So how much does brett charge for a rebuild/streetport? I'm thinking of getting him to do it for me.

~brian

It all depends on what the motor needs... bearings, seals, etc.. Give him a call...

Dan

How much're you paying, if you don't mind me asking? I tried e-mailing him twice but i just got back short little messages with no details. I don't wanna waste his time with a call because i won't be able to afford the rebuild for a little while. I met him once at summit point though, he seems like a really nice guy, and he knows his stuff, that's for sure.

~brian

Back