My O2 cheater works!

big_ben

Contributor
Well Stou, I fixed the wires on the O2 cheater I made, and it has been a whole week and no CEL. It usually take about 2 days for the CEL to come back on, but nada. I made it just like the one from the ZX2 thing you posted. I had made it about 2 months ago but when I was installing it the wiring must have come loose. I took it off and two of the wires were off. I fixed it and now there is no CEL. Did your check valve thing work out? I'm getting really close to completing the turbo, I need your expertise on that. Spoolin just posted that his check valves arent working. What's the deal?

Hey Big_ben!!!

I was actualy thinking about you, wondering how it goes with your turbo installation.

Your o2 cheater is working with all the turbo installation or only on a stock car with no cat?

About the check valves, mines is working great. No ECU bogging at all. I'll post some pictures of how and where they are installed for spoolin and you. Spoolin seam to have some small problems with them.

If your turbo is installed, got any pictures? how much psi? how is it runing? ...... so much question, I'm a turbo freak now :D

No, I dont have the turbo up and running yet. Give me about 3 more weeks and it will be done. I can't wait. I want to take it slow though so that I don't mess anything up. I've got the oil return line run already. I've got a little leak but it's just where the lip of the pan bent a little. I need to hammer it back strait and put some silicone on it and it will be fine. Spoolin is sending me the turbo next week and the manifold should be done in about a week also. He's looking into getting it chrome plated. I'll be sure to post about 1000 pics of it when it's done. I'm gonna be like a proud papa of a brand new baby.

I don't want to discouraged you but I don't think the o2 cheater will work once the turbo will be on. I did the same kind of cheater from the same diagram and it work only for a couple of hour. It's look like when I start to use the boost, the o2 sensor got to much fuel and even with the resistor and the capacitor, the CEL goes on. I tried with different resistor and it doesn't work.

Just let me know when you'll start to use your turbo if the o2 cheater still working.

I'm curious to see if the MIL Eliminator can work on our car. I have email to those guys and they don't know if it can work. They told me that it work on WRX but can't guarantee it will work on MP3.

I'll maybe try the MIL Eliminator or I'll simply removed the CEL light and get the code check a few time a year to make sure everything is working fine.

Back