dash lights

anyone with neo blue dash lights??? (talking bout the red lights on the mp3 that come stock, i wanna make those blue if its possible)

if so, where did you get them?

thx

This has been a topic a few times....I know I sure would have loved it....I know I saw inside a VW Jetta with it's blue dash lights and it looks SOOO damn nice. Especially with the blue models, a blue interior dash/instruments would be great.

So far though, I don't think anybody has managed to do it....or at least has posted of doing it. As I recall, even if you get blue bulbs it wouldn't be good as there is some kind of thin red layer right on the instrument dash(on the back I think). It'd sure be nice if somebody could figure this out and actually do it...I'm not usually into the looks type mods, but this is one I'd do just because I love the colour blue. :)

There is a kit out now specifically for the protege's. I saw it the other day when I was doing some parts searching on the web. It's the type where you actually replace the faces and use a control knob to adjust the color/intensity. If I can remember where I saw it or find it again I'll post where it is.

Hmmm I'm not sure that will actually have the numbers glow blue at night....it's a tough decision too because the people who have tried to do stuff with their gauges have frequently broken needles even after being careful. :(

Back