Any 323 GTX owners/enthusiasts here?

AWDnerd

Anyone familiar with the '88-'89 323 GTX, the short-lived performance predecessor to the Protege? My addiction to rally originally led me to the hot little hatches. It's fun wasting Civics & Integras with my old beater:D Lots of fun in the dirt with the AWD & locking center diff.
rally050200147.JPG

^pic of me at the last rally-cross (courtesy of Prerunners.com)^

i'd love to get a lil 323gtx and rally with it. strip the inside etc and flatbed it to the events.:cool:

as you may know the 323 motors are common swaps in the mx3:D

I'm actually looking at a few right now. A buddy and I are planning on giving rally a go. And This seems to be a good model since it was made for it. They made only enough to meet the requirments of being a production car for rally. I think it has a lot of potential and should be a good choice.

Last edited:
All hail the mighty 323 GTX!!!
Actually I have owned many miatas/ the 1.6 is basically the same motor with some minor variations and no turbo. I had a turboed 1.6 with gtx rods and pistons. I love those cars:)

Hey Guys, I just stumbled acrosss this thread and thought I would throw this in here from the MR2 forum. Anyway, I am sellign these 2 cars. I know most of you are in Cali which sucks, but take a look.

88 Toyota MR2: 140k, Black 5 speed, t tops, NA. Almost no rust (rust has been patched), snapped timing belt (not running).

88 Mazda 323 GTX (turbo, awd): 130k, Black, 5 speed, no apparent motor or turbo issues, needs exhaust work, rear brake lines, does not like to go into reverse when warm, may need struts, washer pump not working.

Considering offers above $1500 for BOTH CARS COMBINED. buyer must pickup in Freedom, Maine. I will not ship and buyer must have a way to tow them since the MR2 can't be driven and the 323 shouldn't be driven.

Please email me ( sales1@mudpond.net ) or post here with offers.

Pics for both cars on this page: http://www.mudpond.net/x/Cars/Site/323 GTX.html

iam new to the board, i have a 88 gtx, very fun car. i need some help with getting this car running right , can anyone on here help me? 2 cylinders have no injector pulse????

I love those cars, I always wanted the 1990 GTR version from Japan (2.0 turbo, 210hp!) I used have a 89 323 GT (sedan FF version) put lots of mods, by the end I was beating mustangs, was hillarious to see the look on their faces, haha, I got a pic here
car2.jpg

i've looking for one as well but (not to be a jerk) on sturtevant.com people seem to not quite get the emotion that goes into the car doesn't really count for anything in the price...

I own a GTX and I think it a great little car. I managed to save mine from a J/Y. I had to rebuild the motor and just about everything else lol. Right now it's still a work in progress but the more I fix the more impressed I am with this little car.

ProjectFD3S said:
I love those cars, I always wanted the 1990 GTR version from Japan (2.0 turbo, 210hp!) I used have a 89 323 GT (sedan FF version) put lots of mods, by the end I was beating mustangs, was hillarious to see the look on their faces, haha, I got a pic here

Not meaning to sound like a jerk but the GTR's had a Beefed up BPT (1.8) in them.

Here's some Pics. of my GTX

well actually this one isn't mine but it's what it looked like when I started on it. lol

832654_20_full.jpg

These are mine

832654_19_full.jpg

832654_10_full.jpg

832654_12_full.jpg

Theres some more Pics here on my cardomain site. Although I haven't updated it in a while.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/832654

Back