Got my TII back today!

N1XRR

The good news) The car runs! I drove it home!

The bad news) On its way home I managed to break an alternator belt and develop a coolant leak somewhere...it steams from just above the turbocharger.

The funny thing is that Greg had the car running for like 4 hours straight today, as soon as I get in the car it starts breaking. This car hates me!

N1XRR,
Did you buy a used motor for your car or did you have it rebuillt? I have a 88 10 AE that I have been trying to get running for sometime but haven't found any shops in my area that woiuld fix it. I have bought a used engine off of partstrader but it had no compression. I'm just tired of working on it. So I have been constantly looking for rotory mechanics in my area. If you know of any my way please let me know. Also, where can I buy another used motor for less than a grand. So far the cheapest I found was SPD racing.

I bought mine used. I tore down my engine and found that both my rotor housings where unusable. This one was a Mazda reman with about 11-12k miles on i t, that had sat for about 3 years. It still isn't creating full compression, but its gone up about a point and a half since I drove it home.

Tuesday I'm taking the intake manifold off and I am going to fix the leak. I have already fixed the alternator.

No rotary mechanics in the area? That is unfortunate. I have a large pick of mechanics withen a 300 mile area, so I don't need to worry. Personally, if your doing everything yourself ANYWAY, I would say have your motor rebuilt by one of the "big" companies...its just less hassle.

Back