Another SD local right here

There is two mp3s that race. Myself and another guy. We both have the blue mp3s. I've raced twice now and I was there on the 25th. The next autox is on July 6th.

Only two? There's a yellow mp3 that races also...ME!!
I haven't been able to go to the last few, too much work, but one of the customers from my work races a suby at qualcomm every autox said I left to early from the last one I went to, he told me I wound up getting first place in my class. It probably didn't help that I left without working a run so it doesn't count for anything but oh well. I'm not really to for points or anything anyway.

Are these autocrosses you guys are talking about the 1/8 miles drags put on by RaceLegal.com? Or are they true course autocrosses? When is the next one? And, what is required to race in them?

Perhaps we could organize a collection of San Diego Protege's at the next one!

-Jerry

The next is on July 6th in the east lot near the 15 freeway. The autox is true autox the drag strip is a whole different venue put on by different people. For autox you need: 25 bucks if you are not a SCCA member or 20 bucks if you are, another 15 bucks for a solo 2 card, snell 90 or above approved helmet (they have loners there), 1 buck for numbers. I think that is about it.

mp3_moran: I've been to alot of autox races and only raced in two but thats weird that I haven't seen your car down there.

It would be cool for everyone with mp3s and proteges to come to the next autox, it doesn't matter if you race, even though its a lot of fun but just to have a protege group.

I've only been to two of them, Nov and Dec of 01, only raced in the Dec one though. I met one other guy with an mp3, I forgot his name though, his was blue and had the magnetic bra on it (he said it was to cover a chip he got), he also said he used to autox a bmw.

The California Mazda Protege Meet has been delayed until Saturday, June 29th.

There are three main benefits for this:
  1. The meet will not be held on Father's Day.
  2. Being held on Saturday (rather than Sunday) will allow more sufficient time to get back to work on Monday.
  3. It will allow more people to come to the meet.
    [/list=1]

There will also be a small fee of $10 per vehicle. This will cover the expense of the application and permit fees imposed by the California Department of State Parks. Extra money will be used to purchase food and beverages. This fee will be collected at the meet.

The State Beach also requires a $2 entrance fee into the parking lot.

The website has been updated to reflect the recent changes. If you have already submitted an RSVP to the meet, please send me an e-mail stating that you have received the new date!

http://www.caliprotegemeet.1hwy.com

webmaster@caliprotegemeet.1hwy.com

-Jerry

Back