Again, 15" for Mazda 3 Sport?

New Phase!

:
Integra (at the moment)
Now that I see more people have purchased the new 3 Sports/Sedan. I would like the ask this question again if any of you have the opportunity to try it out.

I am about the purchase a 3 Sport (hatch) but I do have a set of old 15" steelies with winter tires on. I have finally confirmed the patterns/offset (if there is such thing for steelies =P ) are fine, but just not sure it 15" would clear for the front (as well as rear) brake.

some brake spec info can be find on here. (again, well built informative website!!) I was surpised seeing the Mz3 Sport rear brake's diameter is even bigger than Stand Mz3's front.

http://groups.msn.com/BrunoLuong/spechandling.msnw

Facts that I know so far is, spare tires in standard Mz3 (2.0L) are 15" where as in Mz3 Sports, it's 16". So chances are 15" won't fit on Sport.

so.... which means.... another 800 into winter tires for the new car. :'(

They won't fit. The calipers are too big. You can't fit anything smaller than 16" on there. I found out the expensive way.

Dre said:
They won't fit. The calipers are too big. You can't fit anything smaller than 16" on there. I found out the expensive way.

Oh no... I hope it didn't go too too bad. :(

I know people. I got a good deal on Hakkapeliitta 2's mounted 16" steelies. Still expensive though.

Back