Check this out

interesting idea....I could see it being a great thing for a race application where you want to get the most out of the motor with minimal drag......but it in a race application you are only getting 4 psi boost? and he states you can get it at 2000 rpm for the torque...then goes on to say that the thing only kicks in at WOT....hmmmm and just how big and heavy would the battery pack be needed to run that critter?

I don't know...you can get a turbo that spools up at pretty low RPM...the hybrid sounds like an interesting idea, but you may end up having more problems than it's worth.

I've worked with electric motors that spin at 50,000+ rpm, but I'm not sure what the torque on them were. I think it would be a good idea if you ran it off of a separate power system. But to build it yourself I think would be more trouble than it's worth. If a company could do some research with it and put out a kit it wouldn't be a bad idea.

I have seen this done before on a 323 with some impressive gains. The battery pack thing is kinda cheesy though and I wonder how the motor is triggered to come on? I heard him say soething about it only being activated at WOT. Regardless, I would jump all over that for that price If Iwas not turbo. Perhaps someone should consider doing this to there mp3 and experiment a little.
You just would have to refab som pipes for the intake and run te MAF on the intake of the turbo unlike the way he has it setupon the intake piping. And run a nicad battery etup....probably like an r/c car setup. I just woder how long you can get a run out ofa battery pck.

Another advantageof this setpup is that it is not exhaust driven therefore you dont need to mess with things like an intercooler ect. I think you may want to put a BOV on it for compressor surge. Just an FMU and stock timing should do the trick, and at 30hp for a couple hundred seems well worth it.

Back