Mazda missed some small details on the 3

becks

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3
Hey Guys,

I checked out the 3 this weekend and overall I'm impressed with the 3 but Mazda did miss some small details. First of all, why did they only include one cigarette lighter charger in the car, there should be a cell phone one too and it should have aux power (is always on even if the car is off) and why aren't there any lights on the vanity mirror? I know these are little things but they are things that should be on all cars. I know I'm being picky.

I agree with you. You can always buy a ''Y'' for the cigarette adaptor so at least you'll have 2 plugs.

For the lights of the vanity mirrors....I have no clue why they didn't put this in. I guess Japanese women don't wear make up lol :bs:

I can't stand vanity mirror lights. They shine in my eyes and make it harder to see myself. I prefer to use the map lights if I need to see myself in the mirror at night.

And the "CF" look bar on the dash looks kinda cheap in an otherwise very slick interior.

Fake CF on dash

Did you see that the dealers have red and blue replacements available for the dash, as well as the doors? May not be much better than the gray/ black. Red might accent well with the red in the cloth seats (except that you can't see the red cuz you're sittin' on it....).
Jeff

Appear to be shiny. They are in the back of the dealer brochure. There's a photo back there of a car with a roofrack on it, and some other accessories.
I have no idea what an "S600" is, so can't reply to a "WTF??"...

There is a difference between a luxury car with all the stuff that you mesnioned above and an econobox.

I think you would be better off with another car, since I'm sure Mazda 3 doesnt' come with a heated steering wheel either...

alexlitov said:
There is a difference between a luxury car with all the stuff that you mesnioned above and an econobox.

I think you would be better off with another car, since I'm sure Mazda 3 doesnt' come with a heated steering wheel either...

Don't have to go to extremes to make your point. Makes you look close minded.

Neon, sunfire etc....are all econoboxes and they have vanity lights. And I'm not on a vanity light crusade here. I don't use them. But when I'm in my new car with my wife and she tries to put some make up on, I think it's just weird that we have to light up the whole car for that lol.

I don't think you need to have a MB to get a little bulb with a clear plastic cover....that's all. No big deal. Everybody chill. I love my 3 and Mazda so no crime has been commited.:p

I have to agree on the vanity lights, its not like it is very expensive to add. I also think the shift boot on the 5-sp. needs to be leather, it would add a little more class with the leather seats. But yes its no friggen S600. I might add, my fiance just got a Lincoln Aviator and that is one bad ass SUV, the handling is awsome (265/70/18's) and 302 hp? It is awsome. Total came out to $37,000 u.s. before taxes.

Well, thinks like this would add up....

Would you want to pay $25k for Mazda3 when you canget a loaded Mazda 6 for that much...

nate0123 said:
(lol)

good one!
I think I missing the part where that is so funny. If you think so, try driving it. The only thing that would be funny would be the poor shmuck in the tricked out civic that just got smoked. Now that is funny.

RHAGEL said:
I think I missing the part where that is so funny. If you think so, try driving it. The only thing that would be funny would be the poor shmuck in the tricked out civic that just got smoked. Now that is funny.
Uh, hang on there. I never said it was slow. And I never said it didn't handle well for an SUV. But to say a car that weighs nearly 5000 lbs handles "awesome" sounds like a joke to me.

In comarison, it handles awsome. But seriously, I have also driven an Escolade with 20's and it blew my mind on how it handled itself on the road.

Rhagel,

the taller the tires the worse the car handles since it has a higher center of gravity...

I'm sure they tires are wide as ****, but that isn't the point here...

Hey alexlitov,

You need to chill a little bit! The things that I pointed out have nothing to do with an expensive car, the freakin base model cavalier that I just rented had all those things (vanity mirror lights, extra plug with aux power for cell phone) those aren't very expensive things for Mazda to add to the 3 and they would no way add to the price of the car, they're just nice little things to have and I would put money on it that when Mazda releases their .5 model like the P5 or the '05 model you will see those features added at no extra cost.

Last edited:
Back