my turbo build up and some quesions

hello,
hey,

i am going to be starting a turbo build up on my p5 and will be using haltech e6k stand alone.forged pistons and rods shot peened crank probably spearco intercooler and will be looking to get 350-400 whp at around 16 psi and was wondering a few things would it not be easier to use bigger injectors and different fuel rail for fuel rather than adding injectors and things to control them > ? and
also would a 626 turbo manifold not work jst as well as a cusom and what type of turbo's does the bolt pattern on the 626 manifold support i might also go with spoolins header and dnt usually use mitsu turbos in my build ups what turbo from them has an efficiency of 18 psi? any help would be greatly apreciated also is there any manufacturers that deal with our heads as far as titanium springs retainers etc and any cam manufacturers ?

any help wud be greatly apreciated thank you

dave

As far as mitsu turbos go a T28 will support 450 hp and a killer 16G will support close to 500 hp if I remember correctly. I would go with spoolins header for the price and his is actually made with a T3 flange. Forged internals for our cars do not come cheap you are looking at 400 for pistons and 600 for rods Bryan Pendleton has given work order numbers you can reference with JE and Crower. Our crank is forged from teh factory and capable of supporting 400 hp. As far as a stand alone go with a Tec system not the haltec you can pull much more power out of the tec systems and it seems you have the cash to get one. Or wait on the new AEM stand alone to come out for the protege their are developing it now. As far as teh head you are SOL the only cams available are teh J-Spec ones and they are not good for turbo apps. YOur best bet there would be to send your stock cams to Crower for a regrind 135 per cam. Crower may make some springs or retainers i'm nto sure but i don't think they do. I hope that helps you out some.

If you want a deal on a turbo check out the for sale part of this site, I am going to try to put some pics on this site tomorrow. But I can get a great deal on new Turbo's.:D

fuel question

hey,

could someone plz answer my fuel part of the question i was thinking of jst going with rc engineering injectors but is that possible ? and also is there any vendors to get fuel rails done at ?

call sunbelt performance, they have cams, springs, they do alot of tripoint performance stuff. i have called a few times. cann't remenber the #.

Dave,
For fuel you can use upgraded injectors, probably some 440 or 550cc's from R/C Engineering since you are using a haltech. As for the fuel rail. Get a blank one, and get the holes stamped out on it for the injectors by any old machine shop. As for the manifold the 626 will work. And mine can be mated to either a 16g or t3 or t3/4.
Goodluck on entering the realm of boosted performance!

mazdamastertech said:
call sunbelt performance, they have cams, springs, they do alot of tripoint performance stuff. i have called a few times. cann't remenber the #.

Sunbelt has built all the motors for the SPEED World Challenge cars. And when I say all, I seriously think all the teams went to them to have their motors built.

I know Tri-point and the AWR car did.

Back