got 2 jbl 12's

frady2001

man, i just got 2 jbl 12's and a 600 watt mono d-block amp(real deal) and they frickin rock. the head unit cant handle it. doese anyone know if we have a skip protection option on the 828 cause when i got it turned up it skips like crazy. id hate to have to get a new head unit when i put two more in, he he he. thanks

Something is wrong, hows the deck mounted?, is their any rear support? It is possible the head unit is damaged. I have seen a system with over 1000 watts and 3 10" eclipse aluminums and it never skiped. Also I have seen to 15s off that deck with no mentioned problems.

as far as i know its fine, nothing wrong w/ it. i know some decks have the skip protection optional cause it slows the process down a bit. idunno but every time i go over rairoad crossing it skips and whenever i really wale on the subs it occasionally skips. btw these speakers are very loud, ive had dual 12 setups before and none of them compared to this. my buddy has 4 10s w/ 1200 watts runnin them and it isnt as loud as this. the amp was mono d-block too so it really is 1200 watts. you may want to check and see what kind of amp your friend was runnin cause a lot of times they lie. idunno, hopefully ill figure this out cause the speakers are broke in now and i wanna turn the amp up some more but theres not much point in that if i cant turn the volume up that high.

not in this instance, he runs a BD1000 fosgate. I suspect your deck or radio mounting. Since his car hits over 140 I highly doubt that you 1 12" JBLs are louder. And they definlty don't hit harder then 3 10" eclipse aluminums.

Just so you know i am an MECP certified installer, and haveworked for Tweeter for almost a year part time in the install bay. Full time I work for a system integrator and assist in audio design, install and trouble shooting in professional envirnments.

pull the radio out of the dash and hold it, then play the tracks that skip it. If it still skips its the deck if not its the mounting.

By the way what mono block amp are you running?

I am running 3 MA Audio 10" subwoofers that handle 1000 wats a peice. I am running them down to 1 ohm with a 1500 watt MA Audio amp. I have had no problems yet. Its takes a huge pothole to make mine skip. I think you have a radio problem, mabee the mounting, or maybee there is a problem internally.

my 2 cents

Back