1st Annual California Mazda Protege Meet!

jstand6

1st Annual California Mazda Protege Meet

When: June 16, 2002
Where: San Buenaventura State Beach, Ventura, CA
Time: 1:00 PM

Come join us in beautiful Ventura, CA for the 1st Annual California Mazda Protege Meet. The San Buenaventura State Beach has a huge parking lot just waiting to be filled with Protege's of all generations. There is a large grassy picnic area, two miles of clean beach, a snack bar, beach equipment rental, restrooms, and outdoor showers. The Ventura pier extends 1,700 feet and includes shops and a restaurant.

Activities are still up in the air, but will finalize as we realize how many people are coming. Bring your family and friends!

Check out the official website:

http://www.caliprotegemeet.1hwy.com

Please RSVP the webmaster (me) per the website. I hope to see you all there!

-Jerry

Last edited:
MODS, please make this post a sticky, in the General Mazda Forum, plus the California Regional forum.

this event is happening the day after i get married! but ill definitely make it.

kepOne,

Congrats on your marraige!! What better way to celebrate than attending a Protege meet? LOL

We definitely hope to see you there. Could you send me an e-mail to confirm that you are coming? Please include your car's year and trim level, where you are coming from, and if you are bringing any guests. I know, you have a '01 MP3 from West Covina... But, I am forgetfull...

I would like to add you to the list of attendees on the California Protege Meet website. Thanks!

-Jerry

The California Mazda Protege Meet poster is available for download on the site:

I have two posters: one color and one black and white. For file size and compatability purposes, I have saved the posters in PDF format. You will need Adobe's free Acrobat Reader to view, save, and print them. I have provided a link to Acrobat's download site just under the links for the posters.

Print them, make copies of them, and give them out to anyone you want. I will be placing them on the windshields of any Protege I see. I will also take them to the local Mazda dealers. Let's make this meet as successful as possible!

Also, for fun I have created a page with my car on it. On there are the pics of the clear cornering lamps I installed (from Asian market Ford Tierra - a rebadged Protege) which match the headlights absolutely perfectly! Also on there are pics of the new Injen Racing Division Cold Air Intake and the dyno results. Just find the "See my car" links from the main site.

For anyone else who wants to go to the meet, I have created an RSVP form on the site to make it as easy as possible to RSVP.

I hope to see everyone there!

-Jerry

Sounds like fun! I hope nobody minds me bringing my 'vintage Protege' 323 GTX :) I don't have a Protege quite yet; I'm working on plans on getting a P5 to rally...

I'm working on plans on getting a P5 to rally...

You are!...I can't wait to see how that turns out...doesn't seem like many are "racing" their p5's...keep me updated on your progress...thanks. :D

right now it's just a plan i'm formulating. I'm a regular at all of the local (and most North West) rallies and the thought was inspired by Eric Burmeister's very successful rally MP3. Plus, i love wagons (or whatever the latest marketing name is for the things!)

The California Mazda Protege Meet has been delayed until Saturday, June 29th.

There are three main benefits for this:
  1. The meet will not be held on Father's Day.
  2. Being held on Saturday (rather than Sunday) will allow more sufficient time to get back to work on Monday.
  3. It will allow more people to come to the meet.
    [/list=1]

There will also be a small fee of $10 per vehicle. This will cover the expense of the application and permit fees imposed by the California Department of State Parks. Extra money will be used to purchase food and beverages. This fee will be collected at the meet.

The State Beach also requires a $2 entrance fee into the parking lot.

The website has been updated to reflect the recent changes. If you have already submitted an RSVP to the meet, please send me an e-mail stating that you have received the new date!

webmaster@caliprotegemeet.1hwy.com

-Jerry

The California Mazda Protege meet is 3 days away! I still have room for 9 more vehicles on my permit! Here's what I have coming so far:

6 x 1st Gen Protege's
6 x 3rd Gen Protege's
4 x Protege5's
2 x MP3's
1 x 323
1 x 323 GTX (AWD Turbo)
1 x Sentra SE-R Spec V (turbo Protege is sick)

Anyone else want to come? Check out the site in my sig below!

-Jerry

The California Mazda Protege Meet is tomorrow!

I know there are some California owners lurking around in here that have decided not to come to the meet. Once again, I still have room for 9 more vehicles on my permit... Here's some more information to entice someone...

Kartboy.com has donated several parts to raffle off:

2 x Short Shifter Kits (retail: $100)
5 x Shifter Bushings (retail: $35)<br>
1 x Kartboy ShifterBall Hat
Dozens of Kartboy.com logos and stickers

THANKS KARTBOY!!

We also have Mazda water bottles, Mazda cameras, and gobs of various Mazda stickers to hand out!

There is more than enough burgers (meat and veggie plus all the fixings), hot dogs, chips, potato salad, sodas, and water to shake a stick at!

Anyone?

-Jerry

Back