Handling in the rain?

Mazoku

:
Nissan 200SX SE-R
Just wondering how the car handles in the rain... Can you give it a fair amount of gas at a stoplight and not have the tires spin that much? Anyone drive it in snow yet?

This is one of my few concerns about the car. I have a limited slip differential in my current car and this is the only area the Mazda3 may be lacking in comparison.

Hey Mazoku:

Don't know anything about your question, but saw you're from Naperville where I went to highschool. Waubonsie class of 95

Cool. I just moved here a couple years ago, but I really love Naperville. If it didn't get so damn cold I'd stay here but I'm planning on moving to a warmer climate (Florida) like you did. :)

I had the same question regarding rain performance. Rainy west coast weather means I'll drive in a LOT of the wet stuff. Anyone have experience with the Sport in the rain?

Weight of the car keeps it stable on the wet pavement.

I haven't really "floored" it off from the stoplight yet, but so far so good.

For example, there's a street near my place that has a painted crosswalk (with the zebra lines) that crosses a street. Whenever I turned left during a wet day over those lines in my 1.6EL (around 2300~2400lbs) the rear end would swing a little bit. In my mz3, it grips like crazy on those same lines.

Thanks! That's helpful. Can I ask where you bought yours ?(noticed you were in Vancouver too). Any comments on discounts, service, etc would be appreciated. I've noticed a number of dealers seem too busy to talk to me as I wander the showroom and sit in the cars - wonder if they care that I'm ready to drop 25-30K within the next 2-3 weeks...

nufsaid said:
Thanks! That's helpful. Can I ask where you bought yours ?(noticed you were in Vancouver too). Any comments on discounts, service, etc would be appreciated. I've noticed a number of dealers seem too busy to talk to me as I wander the showroom and sit in the cars - wonder if they care that I'm ready to drop 25-30K within the next 2-3 weeks...

No prob :) Glad I could help.

I bought mine at Wolfe Mazda on Boundary. Service was good, but that's because I know the sales manager there (a good friend of my uncle's). I didn't get too much of a discount, but I was prepared to pay MSRP anyways because I knew that I would have to pay a premium for getting a "rare" car (not many around in dealers right now). I paid around $23,950 before freight & PDI.

If you go to Wolfe Mazda, talk to the sales manager (Albert). He would be more than happy to talk to you. Just tell him the guy you saw with a black SportGT sold by them told you to go to him :)

Back