Removing the 919

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
How do you do that s***? I am frustrated as hell. I am trying to install my DVD player.:mad: :mad: :mad:

IF U SEE TH HOLES THAT u are supposed to be puttin some tool in......u gotta fold the face down and look behind the holes....ull see one tab on each side that needs to be pushed back...u gotta do one side at a time wit a small ass screw driver...and watch out for the face it will still close so u are being timed....good luck..

I finally got that damn thing out. Heres how:

Go to Home Depot and get a pack of Crown Bolt brand #4-40 x 1" Machine screws. These take the place of the keys needed to more the locking clips out of the way. On the black faceplate trim, you will notce two small holes on each side. Take screw and screw yourself! Just kidding:D . Screw a screw into each hole until you can go no further. This will move the clips out of the way. You still may have to wiggle them inward to move the clips further. DO NOT APPLY EXCESSIVE FORCE!!! I had to wiggle mine with some needle nose plyers.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage to any of your equipment because of improper procedures that may be used.

Back