multiple amp setup

Jester999

Ok heres what i need to know. I have a ppi amp, that is a 6 channel, and 2 of them are for the subs 200watts, but i also have a mono amp, pushing about 400 at 3ohms, to run my 6ohm dual voice coil Audiobahn sub. Now can i hook up the mono amp and the multi channel amp to the sub, if they are different powers? and to power the two amps, what is needed in making a dual amp kit from my stock 4gauge setup? thanks alot guys.

Question,

Can your mono amp handle less ohm's. If so I would just wire your 6ohm sub down to 1ohm and only run the mono amp. That would give you cleaner sound than running two seperate sets of power to it, and your 400 watt amp would be pushing closer to 600 watts. Every amp has a little different crossover setup inside and if you run two seperate amps they would have to be the same brand set at the exact same crossover setting. Then it might sound good. Your 6ohm sub, if you wire it to 6ohm then you will get only around 200 watts.

On the other subject, you will need 4 sets of rca's, a power distrbution block, lots of 4 gauge wire, and some 16 gauge wire for the remote. Thats all I can think of for now.

I have a sub that is a duel 6ohm voice coil. Therefore i have to wire it for 12ohms, or 3 ohms, correct? my knowledge of this stuff is terible. there is know way to run a duel 6ohm sub at 1ohm is there? Thanks again.:confused:

I was trying not to have to buy more stuff. If i were to wire the sub's to 1ohm, i would need 3 subs, then i would need 3 amps to put out enough power. and i dont know if i want close to 3000 watts of base in a P5 haha. I think im just gonig to sell the sub, and get one with 4ohm coils or 2ohm if i can find one. Or maybe youll see picks of a system with 3audiobahn ALum 12's and 3 MA audio amps, racked. Anyway thanks, and good luck on your Pro. Later!

use an acumatch it keeps the amp putting out the desired load no matter the subs impedance. Also your not trying to power the coils of the same subs with different amps are you. If you are DONT!!

Back