Indiglo Gauges

UffDaz1

Is anyone planning to change their gauges?

el_indiglo_9902_mazda_protege_wtach_blue.jpg

Yes, I ordered my indiglo guages last night from NOPI. Hopefully they'll be in tomorrow or Monday. I'm finally getting it together.
:D

I haven't ordered gauges yet, but how hard would it be to get the red illumination to be a nice deep blue (kind of like our car). I love blue, and I think it would look sweet... Is there some kind of filter on the lights? Thanks!

Filters are a possibility. I'll let you know after the weekend sometime after I tear out the old dash and put my new one in. remind me or email me (MzdaMP3@aol.com)

I also want the indiglo lights, but every place I went to today said they don't have anything for my car yet. So where did you say your getting them from? And how much?

My indiglo guages are in!! I will install them after work. They will be easy to install. Should take about a half hour. More details later.

Well, I got my indiglo and installed them. They are APC from NOPI for like $66. they can switch b/w blue and green and come w/ their own dimmer. really sweet. they were harder than i thought to put in. the instructions say you just slide them over the needles, but that doesn't work. you actually have to remove the needles. be careful! they break quite easily (as i found out the hard way - i now have no temp guage. will worry about that later. they look really sweet. as soon as i get a digital camera, i'll take pics and post them. :)

Mp3cHikn : Ya i saw those exact same gauges for sale on ebay... Why is it like 30 bucks? Nopi has it for 66?? can someone tell me whats going on? are they the same gauges?

LouisianaMP3 : Can you give me some details on the gauges? how come i cant find it on Nopi? it shows a diff set of gauges...and can you post some pics up? those gauges are sweet. hope to see them :)

They look like the same gauges to me, I think that the ones on ebay are just the 'frame' of them and the ones shown on Nopi are what they look like installed. Hope they work. I just bought 'em off ebay.

Mp3cHikn : you just bought them off ebay?
For 30 bucks? nobody else bidded on it?
well can you keep me updated on your situation?? You can post here or send me emails at InitialV@telus.net

Thz :)

yep, look at the link I posted above and you can see all of the information about them. Looks pretty legit to me.. or I could be out 30 bucks.. I'll find out in about a week.. heh

Louisiana MP3... So, there's red socks on the bulbs? Kewl. So if I wanted to take a look at the bulbs, would I have to remove the gauge cluster or what? Do you know of any place that would sell blue coverings? Thanks!

DooMer_MP3

Yes, to get to the lights and remove the socks, remove the guage cluster from the dash and just unplug the lights from the back. I'm not sure where to get the blue socks. I'd imagine just about any performance shop would carry them. if not, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Back