zoom zoom

mz34me

:
1995 Honda Civic ex, soon to be Mazda3
Just drove a Mazda3 hatch A/T. WOW...I dont have much info, because I didnt get much time in the car, but from what i could tell, this car is gonna be an awesome tuning car. I couldnt find one thing wrong with this car.

On a sad note, my salesman told me one of their former employees, youll see why hes former in a minute, took a 4door sedan around an off ramp of a highway here in town at 80mph and wrecked it, tore the whole front end off i guess...:( ...needless to say, he was looking for a new job today...

i looked at a 3 the other day and was not impressed with the styling. i will however go drive one just to drive it

+ friction said:
How was the tiptronic on the 3?

Not too bad for a manual-auto...it isnt as responsive to your shift as a manual is, meaning that when i would pull the knob back to upshift, it more or less still shifts when it wants to...

that wont be an issue for me, since i plan on getting a manual anyways...

mz34me said:
Not too bad for a manual-auto...it isnt as responsive to your shift as a manual is, meaning that when i would pull the knob back to upshift, it more or less still shifts when it wants to...

Yep - get the manual. I have an AT '5 & rarely use the tiptronic except for passing. It really adds little excitement to driving...

mz34me said:

I dont get. When you upshift, nothing happens..Cuz ur saying it shifts when it wants to, by itself?

MarkSpark said:
I dont get. When you upshift, nothing happens..Cuz ur saying it shifts when it wants to, by itself?

I'd guess he just thinks it is so damn slow to respond you might as well let the car shift itself. I really thought I would use the trip. more but, like I said, it just really is not that sporty.

Just a little better than AT when merging or passing. Should've got the manual!
:(

before i get off topic i will add something relating to the post. i am looking forward to driving the new 3. i will make sure it isn't the tiptronic/auto-manual junker though...can't stand that. manual...ya just can't beat it. :D

on a side note... +friction...check out the South Carolina threads. always looking for more people to come out to auto-x events and GTG.

Excitmnt94 said:
before i get off topic i will add something relating to the post. i am looking forward to driving the new 3. i will make sure it isn't the tiptronic/auto-manual junker though...can't stand that. manual...ya just can't beat it. :D

on a side note... +friction...check out the South Carolina threads. always looking for more people to come out to auto-x events and GTG.

Junker....JUNKER? Well, ok it sucks - I got it to soothe my rush hour commutes but the joke is on me. (hand)

Thanks for the invite Excitmnt94. I'll take a look at the SC threads.

BTW, just kiddin' about the junker comment. Didn't mean to shout. Really ;)

Back