mazdaspeed 3 and mazda motorsports

bigd

:
ford focus, and ford aspire
Hey guys I was wondering which 3 model do you think mazda will use for the mazdaspeed 3, scca road and rally racing? I sat in a sedan auto (they didn't have Manual). I love it i can't wait to get one. Which one do you guys think will be best for drag racinng and autocross? It had plenty of space. The trunk was a decent size. Put a flat subwoofer into the side of the trunk and a amp and you will still have plenty of space. I plan on taking one on a test drive next time around. At first I was like I want the 5-door but once I saw the pics of the 4 Door with the raised spoiler I am now second guessing. Last question, which one do you think will have more aftermarket stuff first like body kits and etc?(wrc) :D

Last edited:
Does anybody know the answers to the questions that I have asked? Thank you Big D

where'd that lil rally graphic at the end of your first post come from...i want it. sorry to prolly get your hopes up by posting about an off topic.

the parts, I'm guessing will work on both cars, so it wont matter about which one will have more. just maybe the mz3 will have it's own rear bumper, or so on.,

Eting you can get it from the face Icon box. just click on it where it
say more and it should be there.

A I said in a different thread, in this months issue of Sport Compact Car they had a brief comment about the Mazdaspeed 3. They said that mazda is looking for a new turbo system, hopefully running a little more than 7psi. And, since they are sharing a chassy with the focus and Volvo S40, we can probably expect all wheel drive. Hopefully a six speed transmission. Now i am not sure if I want a 3, if I wait 2 years I could have a MS3, what to do?

I emailed Mazdaspeed Motorsports and they told me that they are working with SCCA to classify the 's' (2.3 liter) sedan in SSC.

Most of the World Challenge teams are moving to the Mazda 6, though.

SpeedSource is going to campaign 4 Mazda RX-8s in the Grand Am Cup.

Dexter said:
they've got to do the MS RX-8!

I think they should too, but I wouldn't be surprised if it never made it here. You can already buy most of the parts to do the conversion anyway.

I know that the teams that run the Mazdaspeed Protege's in the Speed Touring Car championship are ditching the Protege for next year and they'll be running the Mazda 6. They said so during the last race.

Dexter said:
^^^ i dont think anyone is driving a mazdaspeed protege in any races.

well yeah, they don't drive the turbo Mazdaspeed as we know it.....they have an n/a Protege that's tuned by Mazdaspeed specifically for touring racing.........they are raced by Shauna Marinus and Jeff Altenburg and they say "Mazdaspeed" on the cars......they're blue and white and look pretty tight.....and they won some races this year too against the RSX's and the mighty Bimmers.

loj68 said:
well yeah, they don't drive the turbo Mazdaspeed as we know it.....they have an n/a Protege that's tuned by Mazdaspeed specifically for touring racing.........they are raced by Shauna Marinus and Jeff Altenburg and they say "Mazdaspeed" on the cars......they're blue and white and look pretty tight.....and they won some races this year too against the RSX's and the mighty Bimmers.

Actually, they won the class.

BinaryRotary said:
Actually, they won the class.

Huh?
:confused:
Bill Auberlen won the driver's championship and BMW won the Manufacturer's Championship.

What class did the Protege win?

Back