Turbo Question

DooMer_MP3

Experience my Member
Ok guys, I've been gaining lots of knowledge from these forums. I have two questions on some parts that I have no idea on.

I've seen you guys mention check valves. What are these and how do they help? What problems do they solve?

What exactly is the EGR you guys have referred to? I think I've pulled that it is one of the small tubes that comes out of the intake. Is this correct? What is its function? Thanks!

Chris

Doomer,
Check valves, are just one way valves that you get at an autopart store. They are used for our ecu not to see boost. Myself and stou were having a problem with the ecu freaking out after 4500 rpm. Chdesign stated that he was using check valves, this seemed to solve the problem once 3(for some odd reason instead of one)check valves were installed infront of the boost sensor.

EGR is exhuast gas recirculation. basically this feeds dead exhaust gasses back into the intake manifold from the stock header. This is done by most manufacturers for emmissions purposes. We were just concerned if this was causing any problems at first with idle or at 4500rpm..........this was not our culprit, it was the check valves. So the lines running from the header to the intake manifold were scraped and the whole left in the intake manifold was plugged up.

Spoolin, finaly I didn't connect the EGR to the downpipe. Right now it is plugged and it not causing me any problem. I tought that your's was connected to your downpipe. From what I read here, you also plugged it. So it's probably chdesign that connected is EGR to his downpipe?

yeah its me with teh EGR in NC they check for it and if it isn't there you dont' pass inspection. So I have to have it plugged in. I'm still working on the picture of my check valves though.

I took my car to Extreme for small thing to fix and while they have my car, they said they will plug the EGR on the exhaust.

chdesign, you must get a small digital camera, it's so pratical!!! ;)

Back