reserved a mazdaspeed

enry

Administrator
I called my dealer today and reserved an orange mazdaspeed... 27.5K CAD (17K USD). I would like to keep both... but don't know if I can afford it... so I might sell mine. I prefer blue though :( :( :(

enry said:
I called my dealer today and reserved an orange mazdaspeed... 27.5K CAD (17K USD). I would like to keep both... but don't know if I can afford it... so I might sell mine. I prefer blue though :( :( :(

Yeah! I know...That orange color is going to need some getting used to...one thing for sure you'll stand out in that new fast car of yours!!!:D

enry said:

$17K USD???? is that a quote of the car's price from your dealer????? that's an unbelievable price for what you get!!!!

CAD$27.5K? Is that MSRP (i.e. CAD$3000 for the turbo)? Or tax included (i.e. cheaper than my MP3!)?

Re: Re: reserved a mazdaspeed

ZoomZoomH said:

$17K USD???? is that a quote of the car's price from your dealer????? that's an unbelievable price for what you get!!!!

It's one of the reasons why car brokering is becoming more popular here in Canada. Someone in Canada purchases a high cost or limited car here in Canada and because basically the Canadian auto dealers swallow some of the cost of the conversion the american buyer gets a great deal. Just look at the MP3 even....with conversion I essentially paid about 15,500 USD for my car approximately....great deal if you make American dollars. :)

Are sure about that price Enry? That just seems to good to be true. I might have to do the same thing you did if that price is right.

You know you can always do a drivetrain swap from the Mazdaspeed into the MP3 :D That would be sweet, and then you could just sell the orange Mazdaspeed on Ebay, ;)

In the recent weeks, I have given thought to locking in a black Mazdaspeed. My car has been hit twice and while the repairs have been first-rate...I wonder if the car is jinked!

I would swap out the rims for something black and build a black on black Mazdaspeed and do a serious 50s style flame job on the front.

BondoBob said:
In the recent weeks, I have given thought to locking in a black Mazdaspeed. My car has been hit twice and while the repairs have been first-rate...I wonder if the car is jinked!

I would swap out the rims for something black and build a black on black Mazdaspeed and do a serious 50s style flame job on the front.

Bob, if you are looking for opinions here....I say go for it....for the simple reason that even though the repairs to your car WERE first rate as you mentioned....well....I am of the belief anyway that once a car sustains that kind of serious damage...they never REALLY are the same.....somewhere sometime something is going to rear its ugly head and you could attribute to the wrecks...

Trade her in......that is IF you can justify it.

oh yeah...and two words.....GHOST FLAMES!!!!!!

Just my .02

reserverd a mazdaspeed

The dealer actually gave you a firm price ? I ordered one in canada too and the dealer did not have a price. 27 K sounds about right thou.

Sirnuke, I would take a bath on the MP3 if I got rid of it. I think my payoff is almost 16,000 since I haven't even had it a year. But...

BondoBob said:
Sirnuke, I would take a bath on the MP3 if I got rid of it. I think my payoff is almost 16,000 since I haven't even had it a year. But...

Yeah I know Bob....ya get a new ride...run it around the block...drive it back into the dealer...and PRESTO CHANGO its USED!! and they would skin ya for about $3000 to trade it....

one could always dream though.... :{D

So enry, you decided to go for the Mazdaspeed instead of installing a turbo in your MP3. Since you live in Montreal, once you'll get your new Mazdaspeed, it can be fun to compare our 2 cars. Your Mazdaspeed versus my custom turbo MP3. It can be interesting!

I think it a safer choice. You'll get a good car with a warranty and a EOM turbo.

Where did you ordered it?

Enry, you lucky bastard...:eek:

Can't wait to read the first post of our first MS owner!

Stou and all other custom turbo peeps, that would be a really interesting comparison...won't be long now...:D

me too, me too..

:D

I just put an order for one as well...

delivery by mid Sept.... first one in the city.. (or so they say.)

I was told the price would be around 26-27K CDN.

does anybody know FOR SURE... i'd better start saving my loonies and toonies, eh?...

If this price is right 26-27k cdn, this is an incredible price for a package like that!!!

Good looking car, super handling, super sound system, 17" Racing Hart wheel and..... turbo!!!

If my MP3 wasn't already turbo, you can be sure I'll order a Mazdaspeed, for this price, you can't get anything like that!

I paid 18500 us for mine I'm feeling like I got taken. PLease send me an e-mail describing in detail how who it may concern managed to get there car for less than the msrp sticker price. I live in MN so if I can save $$ some how by going to canada please enlighten me.

Hi Stou, nice to see you, I ran into your girlfriend I think at the 1/4 mile track few months ago. I noticed a stock mp3 ran a little over 16, what did yours run? Sorry if I haven't answered in a while but as you know I was out of town.

Anyways, I went back to the dealer few days ago and now the story changed to 32k cad, I really don't think that's MSRP because as you know on the mp3 it was 24k , so + 8k for a turbo, wider tires, and LSD? I might as well turbo my mp3 or get a wrx impreza. I got my mp3 at mazda 2-20, and reserved my mazadaspeed from the same salesman.

$32K!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

IT's a bit high. I was thinking $30K (cdn) max for the Mazdaspeed. Like you said, a few thousand more and you got a WRX.

But I did a road test on a WRX and I prefer my turbo MP3. We got better look, better handling, sound system, mags, tires, body kit.

On the other hand, the WRX got the factory turbo and the 4wd.

Convert your MP3 is a good thing too. I love my turbo MP3. If I can get my ACT cluth. It will be great. They said it will take 2 weeks to get it and I'm waiting for it since 4 weeks now.

Enry, I think you mistaken me for somebody else. I don't have done any drag yet because of my slipping clutch. And over 16 on the 1/4 it's a stock MP3. With my turbo at 8 psi, I hope to get more in the 15 range.

Going to Canada to buy a car is quite easy....since you will be paying in USD you get the exchange rate saving to start. One USD is worth about $ 1.60 cdn.

Take the MP3 as a example list was 23,700 cdn and I believe is was 18,500 US. 18,500 US = 29,600 cdn, so you can see the savings here.

Now there are other points to consider

You will pay Frieght and PDI say $ 1500 cdn
You will pay taxes ( gst and PST ) 15 % ( you may be able to get the GST back which is 7 % )

So on the MP3

23700 sticker
1500 freight and PDI
3780 taxes

Total $ 28,980 = $ 18112 USD

Now you have a host of things to consider

Insurance is mandatory to buy a car
You will have to pay a licence fee for a trip permit ( 30 bucks )

You will have to pay tax in your home state on the purchase price, duty is 2.5 %. You will have to make sure the warranty is valid in USA.

For more info go here

http://www.customs.ustreas.gov/imp-exp2/informal/car.htm

When all is said and done you will save a few bucks but not a lot.

I am a new member to this forum. I have just recently reserved a Mazdaspeed Protege. It took me $1000cdn to reserve my spot in this exclusive line. The dealer almost fell down laughing when i informed him of the price quotes that were being discussed on this forum. He said it would be in the $25,000cdn range and at most $25,500. Mazda Canada wants to keep it within $2000 of the $23745 charged for the MP3. This is the first North American launch for Mazdaspeed and they want a relatively cheap first launch. If someone is chargine $27,000+ it is well above MSRP. The delivery date is supposedly late Sept. or early Oct. That is for Ontario and Quebec the rest will have to wait until late October or beyond. I am number 47 out of 246 ( 4 are reserved for press purposes ). I can't wait, my current Z24 is a piece of sh*t and the longer I have to drive it the more irritated I get. Talk to you guys soon.....the information on this site is better than any Mazda supported one, so keep the info. coming.

Back