Drove GFX sedan...foglight issue aswell..

I took a Silver (blah) sedan out tonight. It was auto, but still a sweet ride. They had a black one there, it looks VERY nice in black. Anyways....strong engine...nice little whirl to it. Sound almost like an RSX if you know what I mean. Steering is tighter, and less body roll then a P5. Sorry to all you P5ers...

The gauges look very awesome. They nailed the continuity of the red right on the button.

The foglights raised an issue with me tho. The hatchback has the "sport" housing to it, and then sedan GFX is supposed to have it as well. But, the Sedan didnt have it. The salesman has noticed the same thing because on the spec sheet it clearly states that the GFX should have different fogs (they have a silver ring around them, looks nicer). But yeah, I'm just confused on whats going on there.

So um yah...the car is sweet....the hatch takes a bit to get used to, but if you see it drive by its a head turner. It just sucks that this car is so good for the money because everyone will have it soon.

TIGHTanium said:
I took a Silver (blah) sedan out tonight. It was auto, but still a sweet ride. They had a black one there, it looks VERY nice in black. Anyways....strong engine...nice little whirl to it. Sound almost like an RSX if you know what I mean. Steering is tighter, and less body roll then a P5. Sorry to all you P5ers...

The gauges look very awesome. They nailed the continuity of the red right on the button.

The foglights raised an issue with me tho. The hatchback has the "sport" housing to it, and then sedan GFX is supposed to have it as well. But, the Sedan didnt have it. The salesman has noticed the same thing because on the spec sheet it clearly states that the GFX should have different fogs (they have a silver ring around them, looks nicer). But yeah, I'm just confused on whats going on there.

So um yah...the car is sweet....the hatch takes a bit to get used to, but if you see it drive by its a head turner. It just sucks that this car is so good for the money because everyone will have it soon.

Sounds to me you took a sedan GT for a testdrive. The sedan GT has the regular bumpers and front foglights (US-folks don't get this combination BTW). I'm sure the spec you drove had 16-inch alloys too

I've testdriven a sedan GT with GFX and it did have the fogs with rings around them. I've actually seen all the trims now (except for GS Sport), and everything is like how it's described in the specs.

Which dealer in Toronto did you go to? I've been to several Toronto dealers and still haven't seen a Titanium gray in person.

On Tuesday I saw a titanium GFX Sedan at Oakville Mazda. It was loaded/auto, sans leather. Looks real nice in the 17" shoes.

-Sp

TIGHTanium said:
It was a GFX, I wouldnt post this if I wasnt 1000% right. Maybe a production screw up?

Which dealer, since I'm in Toronto I may check it out myself

someone else said on another post that the mazda3 has more body roll then the p5 and the steering is not as sharp...

who is right and who is wrong? :confused:

Last edited:
I drove both of them back to back. So it was fairly accurate, although I wasnt there measuring how much .g's I was getting.

The more I look at the car....the more I think the front bumper is too rounded at the bottom. It needs a nice lip or something to give it that aggressive look.

And I thought I was up late :)

dscf0003.jpg

My brother drove a wagon the other day and said it was much more quiet than the P5. But i'm sure an aftermarket exhaust would fix that!

-Sp

Last edited:
I didn't like the 3...

Drove the copper/orange GT with GFX in Auto. The thing had 9 Km on it when we took it out..

The interior door trim feels and looks cheap, the centre consol, uuuugghh, and the dial, suck. The Lumbar support was nice, but otherwise seats were uncomfortable, felt smaller in the back, but higher in the front. The lines weren't as nice. The extra HP, well, I drive stick, and this was auto, really didn't feel it, or I just didn't care about it.

The auto stick was ruff, so (notcool)

The seats looks horrible.

The ride, well, they were 17's and I got 14's on my P5 right now for the winter.

Also the trunk release is down on the bumper, uugh..

Overall, my opinion of the car is (pukey) (puke) (hitit)

The car was not fun to drive, and that's what counts..

Back