EGT's

spoolinmp3

Contributor
Ok this question will be more directed to guys running EGT gauges. I spoke to CHdesign briefly about this before. But what are you guys getting at WOT? Cruising on the highway?

My probe is mounted on the extreme right runner of the header(leanest cylnder) this is the way miata guys do it. I know that other people mount the egt probe in the down pipe, so if thats the case I know I am getting higher readings than thoe individuals running it on the downpipe. At WOT at night I am running about 700c which is 1292f. At highway speeds at 60mph I am at 720c which is 1328f.
Now in the day time at WOT the egt climbs to to past 750 and I let off the throttle 750= 1382f(I live in miami it gets very hot!). On the highway the egt's look like they wanna keep climbing past 800c which is 1472, thats at like 75 to 80 mph. I am currently running in the 3000-5000 rpm range about 58-80 percent more fuel over stock depending on the exact rpm and on ignition retard I am between -9 to -11degrees ignition retard. Bryan and CH what do you think about my egt's and what do you think about my ignition? Thanks
Spoolin:)
P.S. I hear no detenation and my a/f never dips and stays in solid rich.

i'm lingering between 1250 and 1350. I'm dumping alot of fuel in there too though to cool some things down since i'm not intercooled yet. Once i intercooler it and turn up the boost i shoudl see my Air/Fuel get a little lean but still in the rich

Yeah, no matter how much fuel I dump it does not effect the egt's any lower. In the daytime, when I have my problem, I tried riching up my mixture and had all 4 injectors spraying 99 percent capacity between 3-5 grand just to see what would happen. Besides my motor bogging due to the extreme rich condition, my egt's still were rising pretty high. Maybe I will experiment by lowering my ignition retard in those zones from -11 degrees to -9 degrees and then -7 to see how that will effect my egt;s
I know to much ignition retard causes higher egt's........this maybe my problem:eek:

Back