mazda 3 date in america?

yeah, i'm impatient -P
just was wondering if anyone had heard anything about an american arrival date..specifically, around the canton/akron area of ohio.
i really want to ditch my old car and get into either a 3 or a p5 some time soon (IE; before december)
>_<

a few western states already have them... in total so far as of monday (in the country):
2 5 doors sold
2 4 doors sold

tapehands said:
yeah, i'm impatient -P
just was wondering if anyone had heard anything about an american arrival date..specifically, around the canton/akron area of ohio.
i really want to ditch my old car and get into either a 3 or a p5 some time soon (IE; before december)
>_<

My guess is about 3 more weeks for Ohio.

Let me explain Mazda's US distribution system for Japanese assembled cars. Mazda uses 4 sea-ports:

- Tacoma, WA
- Hueneme, CA
- Jacksonville, FL
- Port Jersey, NJ

There are also land ports but I'm not going to get into those. Ships going to the FL and NJ ports have to go through the Panama Canal, so as you can imagine it'll take much longer. This is why the first Mazda3 ship arrives in Jacksonville on Nov. 24 or 25, and the ship then is expected to reach Jersey on the 28th or 29th. All the while, California dealers already have them.

From these sea ports, the cars get distributed on rail to the middle states. So as you can imagine from my description, Ohio will be one of the later states to get it.

Canada has an advantage here because of smaller population. All our cars go to Frasier Wharves in Vancouver, BC and get railed. So even Newfoundland (furthest east part of Canada), has theirs railed from Vancouver. And as someone on this board has mentioned, Frasier Wharves has received at least two boats full of Mazda3's already.

I work for a dealer and am looking @ my inventory sheet. 1st one just arrived at my sister store. Titanium Grey 5 speed has arrived. I want to go see it. I wont post my dealer name like Im advertising so do not start flaming :D I need a drive to decide if the Protege5 needs to be retired. Oh I am in So Cal.

thanks to everyone for replying...suppose i'll give my local dealer a rest, then :p
yeah..i have been reading up on canada basically getting all their shipments this week. makes moving look better all the time X_x

On the ground in Farmington Hill, MI

Bill Cook in FH, Michigan has three, as of yesterday (11/20/03), one of each (an "i" 2.0L 4dr., an "s" 2.3L 4dr. and a 5dr.); my salesperson called to tell me so I could see what, he says, will be delivered to me by 12/6 (current schedule)...

I couldn't get away from work (why are Fridays so busy?) AND I had to pick up my piece of "work" Jetta VR6 from it's latest bout of repairs ($1,200 worth of electronics work this year--- Mass Airflow Sensor, Temperature Sensor, Fuel Sending unit and, now, the second set of Coilpacks, WHICH VWoA REFUSES TO COVER UNDER THE ORIGINAL RECALL, and I have tried, pulling every string I can), so I wasn't able to get over there.

Everybody,... can you say this after me,... VWof America can go slide into oblivion under the weight of their Phaeton, Touareg, and their overly-optimistic self-image. This is absolutely the worst company to deal with; I know because, as I said, I've tried my damned-est to get them to accept that what I've dealt with my car is unrealistically poor reliability for a car that purports to be high-end and from an engineering leader. I'm not looking for a free ride but it would be nice to have them to help me, especially as the repairs have piled up over the course of the year.

Must be alot of VW owners hopping mad for VWoA to give up trying to do what all other companies will do when a car goes this bad. Oh, well,... that 3s can't get here fast enough.

Re: On the ground in Farmington Hill, MI

787B said:
Bill Cook in FH, Michigan has three, as of yesterday (11/20/03), one of each (an "i" 2.0L 4dr., an "s" 2.3L 4dr. and a 5dr.); my salesperson called to tell me so I could see what, he says, will be delivered to me by 12/6 (current schedule)...

I couldn't get away from work (why are Fridays so busy?) AND I had to pick up my piece of "work" Jetta VR6 from it's latest bout of repairs ($1,200 worth of electronics work this year--- Mass Airflow Sensor, Temperature Sensor, Fuel Sending unit and, now, the second set of Coilpacks, WHICH VWoA REFUSES TO COVER UNDER THE ORIGINAL RECALL, and I have tried, pulling every string I can), so I wasn't able to get over there.

Everybody,... can you say this after me,... VWof America can go slide into oblivion under the weight of their Phaeton, Touareg, and their overly-optimistic self-image. This is absolutely the worst company to deal with; I know because, as I said, I've tried my damned-est to get them to accept that what I've dealt with my car is unrealistically poor reliability for a car that purports to be high-end and from an engineering leader. I'm not looking for a free ride but it would be nice to have them to help me, especially as the repairs have piled up over the course of the year.

Must be alot of VW owners hopping mad for VWoA to give up trying to do what all other companies will do when a car goes this bad. Oh, well,... that 3s can't get here fast enough.

I hear you....I once had a GTI and I was at the dealer every month....needless to say I never bought another VW again. Great to drive but drive you mad with reliability

just went over to a local dealership a few minutes ago and saw a mazda3 sedan...
:D
going to probably drool on it tomorrow.
(anyone in the akron/canton area of ohio, it was at kempthorn's in the mazda lot)

What's really silly is that I just got an email from a dealer in San Antonio trying to tell me that the Mazda3 isn't coming in until March/April. :wtf:

SORRY I TEST DROVE ONE AS A DEALER. NICE POWER BUT HANDLING IS NOT LIKE THE PROTEGE 5. JUST MY TWO CENTS.

Back