anyone drop their mp3??

LaZaBLuEMp3

:
RSX type s
did neone drop their mp3 any lower?? if u did can u post pics or just tell me how it is cause i wanna get coilovers but i wanna make sure its worth it.
thanks

got intrax...no pix yet have em by the end of this week the drop is nice...i am getting the JIC coilovers because i heard that the G.C are good but the JIC'S are a hell of a lot better and i would say if u are gonna get them save ya money and get the quailty u want...also the quality u pay for...the set is like almost 1200...the g.c are good i hear from every one else but i rather have a temp drop for free and save my money for the reall s***...feel me??/

yea i do man, but 1200 is a lil expenisive, i mean, whats gonna be the difference?? if its the ride quality, then id say yea go for the JICs, but make sure theres a difference b4 u go spendin that much money. and i big enough deifference

JIC is a lot better than Ground Control will ever be. Ground Controls are just a perch and spring where as the JIC's are a available with an adjustable shock/spring and upper mount. I have pics of the JIC's on my Clubphoto page in my SIG. Of course the GC's are a more cost effective way of dropping your car, but I will be saving up for the JIC's.

EIBACH

:eek:

WHAT"S UP FELLOW MP3'Rs...........

Those JIC's sound great, but if you want a less expensive option and keep your awesome MP3 handling (or improve it) I suggest going with Eibach springs. I got quoted for purchase and installation for about $384 to $410. Keep in mind however you may also have to get the alignment kit which takes care of any negative camber, otherwise you will have lowered the car, but increased tire wear and significantly changed the handling. Not sure what the price on the alignment kit is, but it can't be more than the springs.
Also I have heard bad things about coilover springs, such as ground control or skunk2. They give you the great look, but will harshen the ride and kill your shocks. They also use a cheaper lower quality spring that has a short life span, so you will be replacing them often.

Good luck.

Well, as far as the Eibachs go, they won't really lower the car. The height they quote is a drop from the factory ES height. I seen a few before and after pics of lowered MP3's and the owners were all disappointed with the looks. Skunk2 and GC's will do the job and yes the ride will get more rough as you go lower. That's kind of thing should be expected unless you upgrade the shock and spring at the same time.

Back