leather seats

Hy everybody,
I'm new to the site and just wanted to say hi.
Well, 2 days ago I got my Yellow MP3 and it is so great!!!
I wanted to ask you guys, if any of you have the "leather seats"? Mine has the sunroof and also the MP3 leather seats.
You can see some of the pictures at: http://photos.yahoo.com/chevvit
You can select the full size to view the pictures better.

Well, thanks for maintaining such a great sie.

well I've been corrected....nice ride. looks like the seats were done..not factory. how much did you pay for it?.....once again nice ride!!

Thanks!
Yeah, they told me that the manager of the dealership had order it for him (custom seats, etc...), but he ended up getting a Porshe 911 :)
They were asking 28K, but after hours of intense negotiations I was able to get them down to 22K out the door. :)

they were going to charge an extra 10 grand for some leather seats and a sunroof? I hope those seats were worth the extra 4 grand you paid over sticker price. They do look nice though.

Yeah, I remeber seeing your car at Oak Tree. That was outrageous for the price. Did you know that I could get you a WRX for $23000, fully loaded. hehe.

I'm glad you talked them down, cause that was outrageous. WE're having a Protege meet tommorrow at In n' Out in Milpitas at 10:00pm. My company specializes in Mazdas so it'll be good for you to meet us. My number 408-799-6723.

I wish they used a different stencil for the embroidery, but the leather job was very nice. Inticing me in fact. That's the last one for Oak Tree too.

I know the Finance guy there and some others, but it looks like you did pretty good as it is. They sold you the car for MSRP and you paid retail on the mods. not bad considering you're financing everything.

Rishie

Hey ARD MP5,
Yeah the price they were asking was a lot, but I'm glad I got it. At the time they had 2 more yellow MP3's at Almaden Mazda (San Jose), but they didn't have the leather nor the sunroof and were asking about 24k. :-o
For tomorrow I don't know if I would be able to make it...
Well thanks a lot and have a nice day

Hey man, great ride...and yeah, you did pay alot, but hell....you have the only MP3 with seats like that and a sunroof, a unique car amoung unique cars. Way to go. :D

Hey 311mazda,
Thanks. Well I actually have seen two more MP3 with the sunroof option, but I gues mine is the only one I know of that has the leather seats. :D
;)

The sunroof was dealer installed, right? Have you had any leaking problems? Not trying to be a downer, I've just always been weary of things like that if it's not standard production.
Sweet ride! Not too shabby a deal, and if you are happy, that's all that matters, right?

BTW, what did everyone else pay for their ride? The Indiana dealers tried to stiff me with a $5000 "Dealer Markup" to 23500, but I got them back to 18400. They were saying that limited run cars "Always go for more than sticker". Well, after leaving the dealership twice, I got it down to what I wanted. Anyone get a much better price?
Laterz! :cool:

YellowMonster,
At least couple of us will be out at 3Com park doing an autocross this Sunday, Feb. 17. It's probably not wise to run you car that hard when it's brand new but you might get a kick out of seeing the other cars run and seeing the MP3 being put through it's paces in a competitive environment. Maybe you'll get hooked and want to try it after your car is broken in a little.

Those leather seats are nice! It would be cool if they could have reproduced the MP3 badge in the stitching instead of just putting the block letter MP3 there. What many of you don't understand is that in CA things can be a little more expensive. This is especially true in places like the Bay Area. We pay more for gas, houses, cars, electricity, etc. Of course, we usually get paid more too. And we get to live in one of the most beautiful places in the country!

Attachments

• 931.jpg
    931.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 54
  • 932.jpg
    932.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 1371.jpg
    1371.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 51
Hey cjstringer,
Yeah, the sunroof was dealer installed. So far no problems at all. It is a "Webasto" sunroof, it has programable postitions and so on... It is pretty cool! :D

Hey Carson Black,
Thanks for the information about the auto cross. I'll see if I can make it.
Yeah, you are right,it would have been nice if they could reproduce the MP3 logo on the seats... :rolleyes:
And about prices in the Bay Area, you are right, it is crazy!!!
Take care and have a geat day!

Back