RX-8 Times 0-60 1/4th mile

the 6 spd really isnt as slow as people make it out to be, im sure half the people who think they are slow havent driven one before, i drove one they arent bad...now the automatic is really slow though from what ive "heard"

yeah WRX's are pretty fast cars, I just wanted to come to a forum and learn about the RX-8, I think it looks awesome! Plus it handles great, the RX-8 needs a turbo kit ;)

Mazda100 said:
yeah WRX's are pretty fast cars, I just wanted to come to a forum and learn about the RX-8, I think it looks awesome! Plus it handles great, the RX-8 needs a turbo kit ;)

My friend who is a avid Mazda guy said that to date no one has done a turbo kit yet. He even went to SEMA and didn't see any there. He has added a J-spec ECU and Mazdaspeed body parts that he ordered from Japan. He lowered it the 1st week he got it. :D

Well there is one rx-8 turbo I know off in the us. He lives in Crofton, Maryland and works at turbo performance in Jessup, maryland. They build the gt and gts touring porchsee's. He got an rx8 it ran 11.6@110mph. Its yellow and has autox kit with black chrome rims. You guys will see him now and then at Captial Raceway when he is not with the racing team....

cdglowred5 said:
Well there is one rx-8 turbo I know off in the us. He lives in Crofton, Maryland and works at turbo performance in Jessup, maryland. They build the gt and gts touring porchsee's. He got an rx8 it ran 11.6@110mph. Its yellow and has autox kit with black chrome rims. You guys will see him now and then at Captial Raceway when he is not with the racing team....

Wow....that's good to know! I have to pass it around.

The comp. ratio on the rx8 is 10.0 so it's a little high for the turbo kit, we are in the process of tearing down the motor for a port job.

RAAZ227 said:
A friend of mine who has got one, said a WRX could take a RX-8. :confused:

Hah! I was killing a wrx in the twisties on the track, and he suspension tires AND the vishnu kit to bring it to 310 HP. He was really pissing me off in the twisties, and was only creeping maybe 1/3 mph in the long straights.

How can a WRX take an RX8? On a launch, of course. Remember AWD robs a lot more power to the wheels ;)

Back